Jeff Boston

Seeking experts in UAV battery power systems and trends

We are conducting research into current practices for powering smaller UAVs/drones.  Of particular interest are how choices are made among types of batteries.    We would like to understand the decision process, as well as any important trends for these devices.  We would also like to explore any unmet needs for better power sources.  As part of our approach, we reach out to experts who can provide a unique perspective and are knowledgeable in this area. 

We are not seeking any confidential or proprietary information, just your high-level expertise, insights, and opinions.  We do not want to know about specific projects, but rather aggregate experience with these topics.

Please let us know if you would be willing to participate in our research via a brief telephone interview.  If you are not the right contact for these types of questions, please feel free to refer us to a colleague.  We are happy to offer an appropriate honorarium for your valuable time and expertise.

Best regards,

Jeff Hovis
Product Genesis
jhovis@alum.mit.edu
+1 617-710-8141

• Like 1

You are welcome, Jeff. I have used, through many decades of different craft designing, building and riding/sailing/flying, many different types of batteries and became involved in the pertinent technologies. I will be happy to answer your questions at the best of my knowledge. I have also been involved since about two years ago in designing, building and flying small drones (under 2000 gr) for video and photography. I live in Melbourne, Australia (10 hours in front of your time zone, e.g.your present time is 18:26 while is it is 08:26 the next day). Let me know when you would like to have a chat and how.

Skype: sigrana    -    Phone; +61 3 9553-0224  - Email address: uncle72@optusnet.com.au

Cheers from Bruno