Spitfire76

Yuneec Breeze - a mini selfie quad

Interesting to see that even for this relatively low cost ($499) drone has optical flow and infra red sensing so it can keep stable when flying indoors. It does not look like it has a gimbal though so I assume the video has to be stabilized digitally. 

https://yuneec.com/en_US/products/breeze/overview.html

PS. I meant to post this in the manufactures category under Yuneec but don't see a way to move it. 

Edited by Spitfire76

I have this model, and don't think much of it. Does not have a separate controller, so the user interface is your smartphone or tablet. Which to me is very un user friendly. Even with my 7Plus or even my iPad, its just too aggravating to be any fun. You can't really see the video feed because the control features are superimposed over the video feed, so your thumbs are covering up the video, and there is nothing tactile to give you that sense of control while operating. Constantly looking to see where your thumbs are on the screen, then you have to find the camera control to adjust the shot, you can't watch the drone and fly it intuitively, very frustrating. it has some nice features, 4K, compact, I'd give it a 2 out of 5.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 1:55 PM, Rick Haskins said:

I have this model, and don't think much of it. Does not have a separate controller, so the user interface is your smartphone or tablet. Which to me is very un user friendly. Even with my 7Plus or even my iPad, its just too aggravating to be any fun. You can't really see the video feed because the control features are superimposed over the video feed, so your thumbs are covering up the video, and there is nothing tactile to give you that sense of control while operating. Constantly looking to see where your thumbs are on the screen, then you have to find the camera control to adjust the shot, you can't watch the drone and fly it intuitively, very frustrating. it has some nice features, 4K, compact, I'd give it a 2 out of 5.

I don't disagree with you, Rick. It's fun to fly, but most sUAS are :) My biggest issue was that I just don't like operating an sUAS with an iPad. I need to use my thumbs.