rpurcell

M600 Pro, Cannot Take Off

I was piloting a job this past weekend on a building about 160’ or so tall. I attempted to takeoff about 30’ or so away from the building but the DJI Go App said “Cannot Take Off” and one of the warnings was a weak RTK signal. Tried various things to no avail. I then moved the craft another 10’ or so away from the building and got the green light from the Go App. Once up in the air I could get close to the structure with the Go App showing 12-15 satellites. No errors

My question is, how do I take off when I’m around structures like that? I’m not always going to have the luxury of moving the craft further away from the structure. Do you start in ATTI mode then switch to GPS once in the air? Does anyone have suggestions?

• Like 1

does your drone have both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz? if it does I would try switching between the two. another thing to try is if possible to untenable the rtk until take off?

let us know how it turns out

• Like 1

Didn't even think of turning off RTK before takeoff. Not sure if it will give an error for not being on in the first place but I could try. Thanks

For some of the work I do around structures in populated areas I'm a little reluctant to switch to 2.4 over 5.8

are you reluctant to go to 2.4ghz because of wifi and cellular?

also no problem I hope that works for you. also I am not sure if you can or cannot turn off your RTK since i personally do not own one with it, it was just a thought