Steve Bailey

DJI Phantom 4 w/Accessories $1600 + shipping

9 posts in this topic

IMG_0436.thumb.JPG.af66a96deda93ee4b832147f55038c29.JPG

This kit includes all of the original packaging with the exception of the iPad, which will ship in the slot provided within the P4 case. Every item in the photo excluding the iPad has been purchased brand new since mid-January 2017. I bought the P4 specifically to capture an image of a research site that I work at in Appalachia for the purposes of geospatially analyzing a few years worth of monthly samples in Arcmap. That was on 1/25/2017 and total flight time was about 30m (P4 had never even had the props on until I got to the site). Since that day I have tried to justify flying it as a hobby but I seriously do not have the time to just fly it for fun, and I hate the thought of it sitting on a shelf while it becomes increasingly functionally obsolescent. I have flown it two additional times since Appalachia, both at my home: First time I just elevated it up to the max height and grabbed some pics, and on the second occasion I tried out the ND filters and a couple of the intelligent flight modes while shooting some video of my home. I would say that the absolute total flight time is somewhere between 60 and 120 minutes. The batteries have been stored at the preset level of the DJI Charging/Discharging Hub. Accessories include:

3 - DJI Intelligent Flight Battery

1 - DJI P4 Battery Charging/Discharging Hub - 69.95

1 - DJI Phantom 4 Neutral Density ND8 Filter, Grey - 35.00

1 - DJI Phantom 4 Neutral Density ND16 Filter, Grey - 29.00

1 - DJI Phantom 4 Neutral Density ND4 Filter, Grey - 28.00

1 - DJI Phantom 4 Part 58- Wrap Pack (Silver) - 25.00

1 - Hoodman Drone Aviator Hood Kit (Includes HAV1 & HAV1E) - 59.99

1 - Private Pilot FAA Airmen Knowledge Test Guide - 15.00

1 - Private Pilot Test Prep 2017 - 13.00

1 - Apple iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular 16GB - 275.00

1 - Apple Lightning to USB Cable (0.5m) - 19.00

1 - SanDisk Ultra 64GB - 22.00

1 - SanDisk Extreme 16GB - 14.00

1 - SanDisk microSD to SD Memory Card Adapter - 6.00

1 - Helipad - 25.00

1 person likes this

Thanks for posting, Steve. I'll share in our next community update if this is still available.

Thanks for reposting Alan. The P4 has not been touched since I last posted. I was just beginning to consider taking it back out to my study sites for some change-of-season pics, but found out just the other day that the University of Kentucky has just issued some new, more stricter UAV rules. My study sites are on land owned by UK - more than two hours away from campus in downtown Lexington - they are located in a remote area of the Appalachian mountains basically inaccessible without a 4x4 vehicle or a pack animal, yet I am now required to carry a $2,000,000 liability insurance policy to operate my P4 there (yes $2 million), in addition to jumping through a bunch of other regulatory hoops created by the university's legal department. Needless to say, I am suddenly very happy with the pics that I already have, and won't be going back out to the site with a drone.

As for my P4 kit, it is as good as new - for the most part it is new - and I will consider reasonable offers from anyone interested. I have no need to liquidate it, and have plenty of storage space for it to sit until I am interested in it again or find some need for it - but as stated, a reasonable offer will score an awesome kit for someone.

Thanks again for the repost.

Casper thanks for the inquiry - I put the price based on adding up everything that I just paid new a couple of months ago and slashed like 4 or 5 hundred off that price - it is just the asking price that I think is a reasonable deal for a very complete kit with lots of bells and whistles, so to speak. As I stated, a reasonable offer that reflects resell marketplace prices might motivate me to grab the packing tape and start taping up the box.

Posted (edited)

Is this a 4 Pro?

Also would you consider selling without the IPad. I have one.

If so what would your $$ be?

Thanks

Joe

Edited by k2ds

On 3/1/2017 at 8:38 PM, Steve Bailey said:

IMG_0436.thumb.JPG.af66a96deda93ee4b832147f55038c29.JPG

This kit includes all of the original packaging with the exception of the iPad, which will ship in the slot provided within the P4 case. Every item in the photo excluding the iPad has been purchased brand new since mid-January 2017. I bought the P4 specifically to capture an image of a research site that I work at in Appalachia for the purposes of geospatially analyzing a few years worth of monthly samples in Arcmap. That was on 1/25/2017 and total flight time was about 30m (P4 had never even had the props on until I got to the site). Since that day I have tried to justify flying it as a hobby but I seriously do not have the time to just fly it for fun, and I hate the thought of it sitting on a shelf while it becomes increasingly functionally obsolescent. I have flown it two additional times since Appalachia, both at my home: First time I just elevated it up to the max height and grabbed some pics, and on the second occasion I tried out the ND filters and a couple of the intelligent flight modes while shooting some video of my home. I would say that the absolute total flight time is somewhere between 60 and 120 minutes. The batteries have been stored at the preset level of the DJI Charging/Discharging Hub. Accessories include:

3 - DJI Intelligent Flight Battery

1 - DJI P4 Battery Charging/Discharging Hub - 69.95

1 - DJI Phantom 4 Neutral Density ND8 Filter, Grey - 35.00

1 - DJI Phantom 4 Neutral Density ND16 Filter, Grey - 29.00

1 - DJI Phantom 4 Neutral Density ND4 Filter, Grey - 28.00

1 - DJI Phantom 4 Part 58- Wrap Pack (Silver) - 25.00

1 - Hoodman Drone Aviator Hood Kit (Includes HAV1 & HAV1E) - 59.99

1 - Private Pilot FAA Airmen Knowledge Test Guide - 15.00

1 - Private Pilot Test Prep 2017 - 13.00

1 - Apple iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular 16GB - 275.00

1 - Apple Lightning to USB Cable (0.5m) - 19.00

1 - SanDisk Ultra 64GB - 22.00

1 - SanDisk Extreme 16GB - 14.00

1 - SanDisk microSD to SD Memory Card Adapter - 6.00

1 - Helipad - 25.00

Steve,

Do you know if the remainder of the warranty can be transferred if I were to purchase your drone? Is the iPad new and clean of none Drone clutter? 

Thanks,

Jeff

1 person likes this

This is a Phantom 4 (not a Pro). I bought the iPad Mini 'used' and specifically for the purpose of operating the P4, so I am only offering the drone as a complete bundled package. I can not say for certain, but I believe that the warranty of the drone is valid from the time of original purchase irrespective of owner. Warranty periods are as follows:

http://www.dji.com/service/policy Warranty Period of Main Parts*
Phantom 4 Pro \ Phantom 4

MC 12 Months
Gimbal Camera 6 Months
Vision Positioning System 6 Months
Propulsion system (excluding propellers) 6 Months
Remote Controller (without Built-in Screen) 12 Months
Remote Controller (with Built-in Screen) 6 Months
Battery 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times
Battery Charger 6 Months
Frame No Warranty
Propeller No Warranty