JWVideo

Practice Test Answers

7 posts in this topic

When supplying practice test results it would be helpful to provide all 60 of the questions and answers rather than just the incorrect ones. There were a few questions I guessed on, and if I happened to guess right, I won't know that I need to study up on those topics. In future practice test, I now know to take note myself of topics I'm not-so-certain on, but it would be helpful to have that all laid out in the summary review.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, JWVideo said:

When supplying practice test results it would be helpful to provide all 60 of the questions and answers rather than just the incorrect ones. There were a few questions I guessed on, and if I happened to guess right, I won't know that I need to study up on those topics. In future practice test, I now know to take note myself of topics I'm not-so-certain on, but it would be helpful to have that all laid out in the summary review.

Thanks!

https://3dr.com/faa/drone-practice-tests/

If you can pass the above, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

@R MartinThanks for that. I did pass the practice test (barely), but just think more info is always a good thing to have.

1 minute ago, JWVideo said:

@R MartinThanks for that. I did pass the practice test (barely), but just think more info is always a good thing to have.

Every aspect that Alan covered in the training is covered on the test. The emphasis is on sectional charts and the law. You need to know how to read a sectional without any cheats or notes; better yet, you should know them to the point that you don't need to refer to the key. Weather gets a respectable mention (know the different types of fog and the causal factors) and your basis meteorology symbology as well as how to read METARS, ect...

Take the practice test until you can score high on all of them and then take the 200 question monster above. If you are happy with the results, schedule your test at a proctoring center. If you know your stuff its no big deal. Getting signed in and hurrying up to wait took 5X longer than the test took.

Amen re: more explanation in the practice quizzes / tests. We're working on it! I wholeheartedly agree.

1 person likes this

On 6/3/2017 at 10:51 AM, Alan Perlman said:

Amen re: more explanation in the practice quizzes / tests. We're working on it! I wholeheartedly agree.

When I went through the course you were just taking off and it explained  everything to the point that I was able to pass without any problems. Since that time, you've consistently improved the course and added more content and I still find myself going back through it from time to time just to take the test questions and validate that I still know the material. You've done an excellent job and continue to do so Alan.

Thank you!

Thanks, @R Martin, we still have a long way to go to create the kind of course experience I ultimately envision for our students / the drone industry.