Flightlutions

Appeals Court Strikes Down FAA Drone Registration Rule

31 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, John Schultz said:

Does anyone know if the FAA has updated the 107 test to reflect this? I am about to take it but don't want to get something wrong because I am using the either the old registration rules  and they've updated or vice versa.

The ruling covers recreational/hobbyist registration; not commercial registration which is what you are taking the  Part 107 test for. Commercial UAS are required to register.

6 minutes ago, R Martin said:

The ruling covers recreational/hobbyist registration; not commercial registration which is what you are taking the  Part 107 test for. Commercial UAS are required to register.

Right, I understand that aspect but in the practice tests they have a question that asks 

According to 14 CFR Part 48, when must a person register a small UA with the Federal Aviation Administration?

To which the  answer is 

All civilian small UAs weighing greater than .55 pounds must be registered regardless of its intended use.

Thanks!

I don't think the FAA has updated this yet. There's a chance they've removed this question from their database, but if it shows up on your test I'd answer it as if the most recent court regulation didn't happen. They haven't updated their study guide or official materials anywhere else yet.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, John Schultz said:

Right, I understand that aspect but in the practice tests they have a question that asks 

According to 14 CFR Part 48, when must a person register a small UA with the Federal Aviation Administration?

To which the  answer is 

All civilian small UAs weighing greater than .55 pounds for commercial use must be registered.

Thanks!

All civilian small UAs weighing greater than .55 pounds for commercial use must be registered. You should not have any problem with that answer. If you do, you can speak with your proctor and impress them with you updated knowledge.

There are only three choices on the exam also. You will know the answer they are looking for if you see the question.

Edited by R Martin

OK Thanks guys!

R Martin thats interesting that it quoted the answer incorrectly (Or did you change that).

Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, John Schultz said:

OK Thanks guys!

R Martin thats interesting that it quoted the answer incorrectly (Or did you change that).

Thanks again.

Doing too many things at once. I changed it.