El Cid

Q500 4K - Camera / Video Quality?

Hello everyone, new to the forum and I must say extremely informative.  I just purchased a Q500 plus as my first large Quad and I must say that I am very impressed.  I was very fortunate to have flown some of my buddies birds, DJI, Chroma, 3Dr and I like my Q500+

Question on the camera, I am getting "ok" quality on the video it seems choppy and not with the really nice quality.  I ordered a 10+SD card for the system as I was using some other micro SD's.  have any of you experience this?  -Also, are there any setting anywhere relative to the camera itself?

Thanks, Elcid

Hi @El Cid, moved this to a separate thread on your behalf.

When you write, "Also, are there any setting anywhere relative to the camera itself."

What do you mean by that? Can you be more specific?

Hi ElCid. I just bought the Q500 4K myself and after looking at the first few videos I shot I too was wondering why they didn't look like the smooth clear videos I've seen on YouTube or on the Yuneec web site. I had weird stripes going through the houses in my neighborhood. I'm no photographer so the first thing I did was try to research thinking I must have the wrong resolution settings.

I found two things out.... One, I was watching the video on the default Windows 10 player when I double click on the MP4 file and the player was not full screen. When I went to full screen it looked much better. Second, when I open the file with Windows Media Player it looked even better.

I have much more research to do to as I'm not only a rookie with the UAV but I know almost nothing about photography. Good news is the snapshots I take with default settings are still pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Gents good evening. Thank you! -Alan, settings as in anything in the transmitter or camera itself i.e. updated firmware etc.  i have looked into this and there was nothing specific.  -Aaron, all of my systems are Mac's, and i too brought up windows player and was not able to get that really crisp look.

i received the Base 10 micro sd card, and i must say it really changed everything. Not as good yet as what i see in youtube but progress.  Will keep you posted, as tomorrow will be a video day for me. Thanks, Elcid

Nice, please share your next video @El Cid. In the future, if you want to call out a specific person in the forum, use the "@" symbol and then their username. Looking forward to your video!

Hello all! I too am a new Yuneec purchaser/pilot. Also new to this forum, which is excellent by the way. One important reminder for the new folks  - install the micro SD card into your controller ASAP, take off the back cover -  its under the battery (they do not come with one installed) if you haven't already - it will record the telemetry in real time - what this means is that if you have a failure of some sort that may be covered by the manufacturer, it is recorded and verifiable by the files it writes. You can then send this to Yuneec for them to validate. Great information at this forum - looking forward to learning a lot from all of you!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2016 at 9:43 AM, Jon Hovey said:

Hello all! I too am a new Yuneec purchaser/pilot. Also new to this forum, which is excellent by the way. One important reminder for the new folks  - install the micro SD card into your controller ASAP, take off the back cover -  its under the battery (they do not come with one installed) if you haven't already - it will record the telemetry in real time - what this means is that if you have a failure of some sort that may be covered by the manufacturer, it is recorded and verifiable by the files it writes. You can then send this to Yuneec for them to validate. Great information at this forum - looking forward to learning a lot from all of you!

Great tip, @Jon Hovey.