DesCas

Fay Canyon, Sedona, AZ

My wife and I hiked Fay Canyon this Valentine’s Day and took the Drone with us to get some aerial footage.  There was one rock formation I just couldn’t stay away from.  I spent more time filming that one rock than anything else…Lol  It was a little tricky flying in that Canyon because I didn’t have very good GPS connection, so I had to fly in Attitude mode and lots of trees to fly up in between.  This was one of the only area’s I felt safe to fly in.  So... It was a sweet little test of my flying skills without GPS.  People we encountered were very Drone friendly and curious.   

Edited by DesCas
  • Like 1

1 Battery, I get 20 to 25 minutes.  I shot that video in about 15 minutes.  I scout the area before I put the bird up in the air, so I know exactly my flight plan and shots I want to get before I leave the ground.  When I do this, there is never a reason that I should be in the air any longer than 15 minutes.  Shannon helps with the set-up, flight plan, and is my spotter (binoculars), because I fly sometimes almost out of visual site.  With her spotting I can focus more on the video and what I am shooting.  I still look up at the aircraft a lot to, but sometimes when I look down at the FPV and then look up again; the aircraft is gone from my view, so she's always there to point it out to me.  That actually happened this weekend, my altitude was about 400 feet some of the time and I was flying very close to these rocks and I looked down at the FPV for only a moment and back up again and it was gone, but Shannon had it dialed in.  4 eye's are better than two.  When I fly by myself I keep it very close by... but I get all my best shots when she's there with me.

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful. Fine film. I can almost be envious of the nature you have in United States.
I hope sometime can travel to the United States and see the Grand Canyon.
Best greetings
Flemming, Denmark
Edited by Flemming Hammershøy
  • Like 2

Thank you @DesCas. I had posted a topic on the The Yuneec Q500+ ---- Phantom 3 Advanced and just trying to decide which is the next unit I want, I am also interested in seeing the KARMA UAV from GoPro, and compare all three. decisions , decisions , haha

Look forward in seeing more of your work

In just my opinion, although I'm not familiar with the Yuneec Q500. I would lean towards the DJI Phantom 3 only because DJI seems to be generations above everyone else as far as technology with RTF Systems.  However, their tech support is terrible! But there is a lot of help and good Intel out there.

@DesCas Great job on this piece. It's a beautiful view of Sedona.

I'm assisting with the UAV Coach Facebook page. Would you mind if I shared the video on our Facebook page sometime?

• Like 1