• Announcements

Found some great discussions on here about flying, drones, and overall aviation. I was just certified three weeks ago as a Part 107 pilot and I've enjoyed the community that the commercial drone industry has fostered. I'm currently providing Drone Services with my DJI Mavic Pro, as well as on the ground video production services, and I've loved incorporating aerial perspectives into my latest edits. You can check out my work, as well as my drone reel on my company's website, www.trailmarkerproductions.com

Looking forward to meeting more drone enthusiasts, sharing content, and discussing the possibilities of these incredible machines.

• Like 1

Hey! I'm a graduate student in upstate NY using drones for habitat mapping (right now, mosquitos; soon: ticks; later: hopefully less infectious species). Have built some drones for work, but just bought my first one for personal use. Hoping to continue & improve conservation work!

On 6/10/2017 at 7:24 PM, dronesforconservation said:

Hey! I'm a graduate student in upstate NY using drones for habitat mapping (right now, mosquitos; soon: ticks; later: hopefully less infectious species). Have built some drones for work, but just bought my first one for personal use. Hoping to continue & improve conservation work!

That's fantastic! I'm currently doing some work for OWLA (Owasco Watershed Lake Association) to help them raise awareness on Blue Green Algae and to do thermal imaging to improve identification. Unfortunately I'm only advising for the latter, as I need a drone like the Inspire to add a thermal imager. What drone did you purchase for personal use? Thanks for the reply!

5 hours ago, TrailMarker said:

That's fantastic! I'm currently doing some work for OWLA (Owasco Watershed Lake Association) to help them raise awareness on Blue Green Algae and to do thermal imaging to improve identification. Unfortunately I'm only advising for the latter, as I need a drone like the Inspire to add a thermal imager. What drone did you purchase for personal use? Thanks for the reply!

Oh cool! Have you checked out Flir? I wonder if you could jerryrig it onto a mavic... or options are out there.. I bought a f450 quadcopter with a Naza flight controller for like 150 for research here.. can't fly for long but maybe something like that would work for you.

I've got a mavic too! I'm loving it.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 3:08 PM, dronesforconservation said:

Oh cool! Have you checked out Flir? I wonder if you could jerryrig it onto a mavic... or options are out there.. I bought a f450 quadcopter with a Naza flight controller for like 150 for research here.. can't fly for long but maybe something like that would work for you.

I've got a mavic too! I'm loving it.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely look into that!

If you haven't already, I would consider the Polar Pro cinema series ND filters for the Mavic, they do wonders for image quality on bright, sunny days.