Kara Murphy

UAV Coach named one of the best forums to belong for drone advice

Interesting article.  It was nice of you to include this forum.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't frequent most of the forums in your article because they're Facebook centric.  I don't do Facebook, and I think the number of professionals who don't use FB is bigger than many people might think.  

I like hanging out in this forum, unlike forums like RCGroups this is certainly a place for adults.  But maybe the promise of the commercial drone industry is as overhyped as the safety and privacy concerns, or maybe forums in general have just outlived their usefulness, but if the opportunity is as big as forecasted then the discussion about commercial activity should be an order of magnitude greater than it is.  

Also, online forums tend to turn into popularity contests which generally benifits people who fly the same drones, share similar ideologies so forum's tend to be more about conformity than original thought.  

Im hoping more people find their way to this forum that are willing to share and encourage others to be profitable.

• Like 1

I will have to agree the level of conversation on UAV Coach is generally much higher. I have recommended to our pilots that they can come here to get answers. So a big thanks to everyone! I will have to agree the level of conversation on UAV Coach is generally much higher. I have recommended to our pilots that they can come here to get answers. So a big thanks to everyone!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 6:46 PM, Av8Chuck said:

Interesting article.  It was nice of you to include this forum.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't frequent most of the forums in your article because they're Facebook centric.  I don't do Facebook, and I think the number of professionals who don't use FB is bigger than many people might think.  

I like hanging out in this forum, unlike forums like RCGroups this is certainly a place for adults.  But maybe the promise of the commercial drone industry is as overhyped as the safety and privacy concerns, or maybe forums in general have just outlived their usefulness, but if the opportunity is as big as forecasted then the discussion about commercial activity should be an order of magnitude greater than it is.  

Also, online forums tend to turn into popularity contests which generally benifits people who fly the same drones, share similar ideologies so forum's tend to be more about conformity than original thought.  

Im hoping more people find their way to this forum that are willing to share and encourage others to be profitable.

For me to get my name out there quicker in my local community Facebook is a necessity.  I bit the bullet and have started "posting" there more.  Not sure if it's generated much, but it is nice to see how many people view the photos and such.

I am not a social media guy, but anymore it seems to be a requirement.

• Like 2

Have you read the license agreement? They own everything you post and can, and do, sell your content.  

I don't really care, I'm just not willing to do business with such an arrogant company.  Forums on FB used to be that you couldn't go through he history of a thread.  Not sure if it's still that way.

• Like 2

Thanks, everyone. I'm in the process of a cross country move so apologies for the tardiness on my responses. @R Martin, I've been enjoying your commercial mapping insights. For people upset at Facebook, from a business perspective, there are few better ways to drive traffic back to your website - if that's your objective. I share some work but not all of it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kara Murphy said:

@R Martin, I've been enjoying your commercial mapping insights.

Sometimes even the blind can see.

• Like 2