• Announcements

• Alan Perlman

Do Not Upload Directly; Please Use Youtube / Vimeo   03/21/2016

Hi folks! If you're going to share photos / videos in this thread, do not upload them directly into your post unless they're under 1MB. Any file that's over 1MB will be rejected by our forum software! For videos, please drop a YouTube or Vimeo link directly into the post, and the forum software will take care of the embedding. Doing this also ensures your videos show up on mobile phones / tablets just as well as laptops and desktops. Thanks! Email support@uavcoach.com if you have any questions.
JBR LIFE Photography

Waterfall Paradise

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Aloha UAV'ers!  This is a video I shot for a realtor on the island, and of course, afterward I wanted to buy this place.  It happens pretty much every time, so mentally, I've purchased a few million dollars worth of homes.  But in real life, I still rent :)

Anyhow, this particular shoot was a bit of a challenge, as they wanted to showcase the waterfall, the walking path, AND the property.  It becomes a challenge, as most of my clients prefer a video to be 3min or less.  In fact, the closer we get to the 2min mark, the better, but some properties just don't allow it.

Click it, watch it, dream about this place being your own, and I'd love to hear your feedback!

Cameras:  DJI Phantom 4, Canon 7D mk II, GoPro, iPhone 7+, Matterport 3D

Mahalo!

Edited by JBR LIFE Photography
1 person likes this

This. Is. A beautiful house! That has its own waterfall!

What a treat it must have been to put this together. Some very cool shots, and overall just a warm and dreamy YOU SHOULD PROBABLY BUY THIS UNBELIEVABLE PLACE kind of vibe. I would love this if I were trying to sell this house. Very well done.

I think my favorite shot is at 1:56, where you're "Stepping Back In Time" and going backwards down the road. Thanks for sharing!

Do you like using Matterport 3D? Seems really fun.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Alan Perlman said:

This. Is. A beautiful house! That has its own waterfall!

What a treat it must have been to put this together. Some very cool shots, and overall just a warm and dreamy YOU SHOULD PROBABLY BUY THIS UNBELIEVABLE PLACE kind of vibe. I would love this if I were trying to sell this house. Very well done.

I think my favorite shot is at 1:56, where you're "Stepping Back In Time" and going backwards down the road. Thanks for sharing!

Do you like using Matterport 3D? Seems really fun.

Mahalo Alan!  'Treat' is a perfect description for how I felt having the opportunity to capture the magic of this property.  As you know, I used to roll with subtitles such as 'Luxury upscale kitchen' and so on.  On this one, however, I pushed a little more on the creative side with the subtitles, and your response, along with that of others', is proving that it was a good call.

I love the backward driveway shot too!!!  The realtor was keen on showing that driveway, and I just couldn't find a nice forward driving way of doing it.  We knew we wanted to start with the waterfall-to-house sequence, which ruled out a driveway entry intro.  I shot it driving forward out of the property, but it was much less visually attractive.  So, the reverse sequence was pretty much born out of necessity.

3D Matterport camera is definitely fun and different.  The architecture itself is closed (you scan, upload, they render, you build the auto-tour & label tags).  With that said, once you get a feel for the algorithms of the closed architecture, you can more carefully plan out the scan points while shooting to get the tour you want.  It's like forecasting, if you will.

I'm thinking it's probably close to time for you to visit Maui and let's play with a Matterport camera, along with some fun air time :)