• Announcements

• Alan Perlman

Do Not Upload Directly; Please Use Youtube / Vimeo   03/21/2016

Hi folks! If you're going to share photos / videos in this thread, do not upload them directly into your post unless they're under 1MB. Any file that's over 1MB will be rejected by our forum software! For videos, please drop a YouTube or Vimeo link directly into the post, and the forum software will take care of the embedding. Doing this also ensures your videos show up on mobile phones / tablets just as well as laptops and desktops. Thanks! Email support@uavcoach.com if you have any questions.
Av8Chuck

Aerial Downtown LA

Av8Chuck    166

We had a mission in downtown Los Angeles and I thought I'd share some stills.

DOWNTOWN (1 of 6).jpg

• Like 5

Av8Chuck    166

Its also kind of a bummer that they have to be so small.  I have some good shots of downtown...

Nice shots!  I think you can embed a gallery link and it'll translate on this site...that way we can click the image to view larger in a gallery...?

I might just be saying fancy internet words...

• Like 1

Av8Chuck    166

Looks like they changed the restrictions on the number of pictures you can post in a thread.  Thanks Alan, I will certainly try not to abuse it.

This is actually the subject of our survey.  Can't say much about it, but it came out really well.  

14.thumb.jpg.63b4d6239767d09b1f6d09b6d2031e38.jpg

• Like 4

Av8Chuck    166

It's amazing how much building is going on.  The skyline has changed a lot over the past five years.

I was passing through Union Station a couple of weeks ago and really wanted to get some footage but unfortunately there was a TFR at the time because of a Dodger game. Great shot!

Av8Chuck    166
11 hours ago, spacewalker360 said:

I was passing through Union Station a couple of weeks ago and really wanted to get some footage but unfortunately there was a TFR at the time because of a Dodger game. Great shot!

No TFR for us.  There's no way we would be that close to Dodger Stadium and not grab a shot..

1.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Chuck!  We have a county related event in the fall to cover downtown .. did you have some contact for use of drone?  Its a and only a couple hundred feet at the most?

15 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

No TFR for us.  There's no way we would be that close to Dodger Stadium and not grab a shot..

1.jpg

Awesome Chuck. That's a great shot too!

Av8Chuck    166

We were doing a survey for a large construction company with about six sites throughout the area we were scanning so we never had more than a two minute transition from takeoff to survey.  It's taken three days so far!  

The first models have been rendered and they keep adding more area they want surveyed.  Plus we kind of screwed up an area so we needed to reshoot.  

Martymullin    3

Just starting out in this drone thing. I got a few questions about proceedures.

Your shots were very good.  What did you do about the 400' height restriction?   And how about the "line of sight?"   Go up, get a shot, then land and drive to a new launch sight?

Av8Chuck    166

All of these shots were taken while transitioning to and from the launch point.  The survey mission itself is autonomous but it's never beyond the line of sight.  

Most of the mission was flown at around 800ft MSL which was about 300-400 ft AGL.  The shots of the hi rise buildings, remember you can bee 400ft about the nearest object that you're within 400ft of.  

You also need to make sure that you don't fly over people or traffic.  In this latest picture, you can see one of the construction sites we used as a launchpad.  If you look at the other pictures you'll notice that we're mostly over construction sites or parking lots.  [Nevermind, I can't upload any more pictures, I've apparently reached my limit.  I thought this was changed]...