Steve Bennett

Local Drone Laws/Ordinances

This was posted in here previously, but wanted a dedicated thread I could sticky as I keep coming back here looking for this.

http://dronecenter.bard.edu/state-and-local-drone-laws/

If you know of other good collections for local drone laws or ordinances that have been enacted that are NOT in the above link, please add another comment to the thread with as much info as possible.

• Like 3

This is a good resource. One of my target areas had an ordinance I was not familiar with.

• Like 1

Awesome resource, @Steve Bennett!!! I'm going to have to bookmark that page in my Drone Resources folder on my favorites bar! I found two laws in Oklahoma that I was unaware of. Fortunately those laws are very reasonably written and do not interfere with authorized commercial operation. They are also written with a little leeway towards the ignorant, which is surprising.

"B. Except as provided in subsection C of this section, a person shall not intentionally or knowingly: 1. Operate an unmanned aircraft over a critical infrastructure facility if the unmanned aircraft is less than four hundred (400) feet above ground level; 2. Allow an unmanned aircraft to make contact with a critical infrastructure facility, including any person or object on the premises of or within the facility; or 3. Allow an unmanned aircraft to come within a distance of a critical infrastructure facility that is close enough to interfere with the operations of or cause a disturbance to the facility." (Emphasis mine).

• Like 1

Here is a webpage that has a great amount of information pertaining to all drone laws beginning at the Federal level including individual federal agencies regulations and extending to the state level laws.

https://jrupprechtlaw.com/drone-laws