GoneCoastal

Mobile device CPU fully loaded?

While capturing video with the Inspire 2 and using my iPad air with the DJI Go app, i have been getting a warning that says my "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected". As a result, the latency between the drone and the iPad becomes about a 2-3 second delay, making it nearly impossible to accurately fly and record video. I've attached a screenshot of the warning. Anyone experience this??

FYI, the iPad is updated to the latest ios, has plenty of available disk space and the Inspire 2 has all the latest firmware updates.

ipadScreenshot.jpg

• Like 1

Does your screen go black and green? I have had that issue since I got both my p4p drones since new in December and January... I cannot figure out the issue.., I would like to figure out my issue with them too I'm commercial and it makes it very difficult to take video and photo

Edited by timmy67

which ipad? I run first gen ipad air with my phantom3pro and dont have that warning. current ios.  I make sure to force quit all apps before running flight by double tapping home button and swipe up all apps.

i don't mean to take this over by any means. if you are having an issue close to mine I too would like to figure it out.

I have an apple ipad mini 2 with cellular 16gb I have not noticed the cpu warning.

14 hours ago, GoneCoastal said:

While capturing video with the Inspire 2 and using my iPad air with the DJI Go app, i have been getting a warning that says my "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected". As a result, the latency between the drone and the iPad becomes about a 2-3 second delay, making it nearly impossible to accurately fly and record video. I've attached a screenshot of the warning. Anyone experience this??

Is the GO app the only one running at the time? Nothing else running in the background?

12 minutes ago, GoneCoastal said:

Yup. Only thing running. I even updated all the other installed apps to be sure. 

Try deleting all the other apps to make sure. Something is hogging resources and that is the first thing to eliminate. The only other thing I could guess would cause you problems is a problem with the iPad itself or a virus/malware (I know I know, its Apple...that stuff just doesn't happen....).

34 minutes ago, timmy67 said:

i don't mean to take this over by any means. if you are having an issue close to mine I too would like to figure it out.

I have an apple ipad mini 2 with cellular 16gb I have not noticed the cpu warning.

I'm not ignoring you. I just gave up on the tech side of things. I would suggest a service center locally to ensure nothing is wrong with the aircraft (could be a bad board) and if you eliminate that, then I would have the iPad checked (again, a board or display LCD going bad slowly).

no problem I jump in on this one I just appreciate the help! I don't think it would be 2  bad drones andf both from different batches from what dji has told me. btw one of them was sent in for repair the first day I opened it about a month after receiving it had 3 bad esc's yes 3 and one bad motor, I have no idea how they could let that one passed inspection but has been fine ever since other than my ipad screen live feed being weird I will post some pictures I believe I have of the issue

I contacted DJI Support last week about this problem, they had me "refresh" the current app using DJI Assistant...it worked for the first 4 flights then it started again...I closed all apps (this is a dedicated Iphone 6+ so i only have a handful of apps) I was able to get the message to stop. I did run a cpu monitor app and noticed the cpu spiked as the app was opened and then within 30 seconds it reduced below 50% usage and I was able to fly without the message.

This very well may be a flaw in the last update as I did not have this issue in the prior update.

Mavic Pro

Edited by JAP
state aircraft type
  • Like 1

I flew recently and i too have experienced the CPU fully loaded. also i believe my iPad mini 2 processor is too slow hopefully by trying a different iPad this will fix my green screen/black-screen, and lag issues... Can anyone confirm?

My apple iPad mini 4 screen via GO APP gets CPU overload warning and OVERHEATING warning. as yours. My Nvidia shield k1 I have no problems with.

All apps are shut down prior to flight and i shut down wifi as a matter of procedure.

1 hour ago, MedicFL1 said:

My apple iPad mini 4 screen via GO APP gets CPU overload warning and OVERHEATING warning. as yours. My Nvidia shield k1 I have no problems with.

All apps are shut down prior to flight and i shut down wifi as a matter of procedure.

I cannot address the CPU overloading but check this out:

Interesting video, if you don't want to buy disposable ice packs you can use one from your freezer (kept in a cooler until needed).

Florida temperatures are ridiculous in the summer.

My Nvidia shield K1  does not have such problems. I carry both with me now.

Edited by MedicFL1

12 hours ago, MedicFL1 said:

Interesting video, if you don't want to buy disposable ice packs you can use one from your freezer (kept in a cooler until needed).

Florida temperatures are ridiculous in the summer.

My Nvidia shield K1  does not have such problems. I carry both with me now.

I reuse the cool packs. The State chooses to squander its money on the big ticket items. I have to be fiscally responsible on the little stuff....