Sign in to follow this  
Av8Chuck

TRAVEL

Av8Chuck    166

I really enjoy seeing other countries through the lens of aspiring film makers.  When I first started doing aerial I was online sharing videos with a guy from Ethiopia.  I had no idea what a beautiful country it is.

Drones and photography have given me the opportunity to travel all over the world so I thought maybe its not a bad idea to start a thread to share video's from around the world.  These videos don't have to be about aerial, might be nice, the first video I'm sharing has quite a bit of aerial, it was really challenging because it was before brushless gimbals.

This was shot in Kenya over 21 days.  It was so challenging getting the equipment on location to get the kinds of shots we wanted.  The planning for the trip was as important as the actual production.  You couldn't buy things that you forgot, there were several days that we didn't have access to power, and what ever the plan for that day, it changed in the first 20 minutes.

Its a beautiful planet and (aerial) cinematography is a great way to share it.

• Like 2

Spitfire76    197

I've always been impressed by this ABC News/DJI project from a few years ago where they explore the world's largest cave - Son Doong, Vietnam.

On 8/1/2017 at 3:26 PM, Av8Chuck said:

I really enjoy seeing other countries through the lens of aspiring film makers.  When I first started doing aerial I was online sharing videos with a guy from Ethiopia.  I had no idea what a beautiful country it is.

Drones and photography have given me the opportunity to travel all over the world so I thought maybe its not a bad idea to start a thread to share video's from around the world.  These videos don't have to be about aerial, might be nice, the first video I'm sharing has quite a bit of aerial, it was really challenging because it was before brushless gimbals.

This was shot in Kenya over 21 days.  It was so challenging getting the equipment on location to get the kinds of shots we wanted.  The planning for the trip was as important as the actual production.  You couldn't buy things that you forgot, there were several days that we didn't have access to power, and what ever the plan for that day, it changed in the first 20 minutes.

Its a beautiful planet and (aerial) cinematography is a great way to share it.

Bro, this is an outstanding piece, thank you so much for sharing!  Remarkable imagery, lots of emotion, very moving altogether.

Aloha,

Jonathon

Av8Chuck    166

Am I sure others have taken their drones to other countries and want to share their adventures?

og_neth    0

I am traveling to the greek islands in October and plan on taking my drone. Anyone have any experience traveling with a drone to Greece?