I have the Phantom 4 .. also the Sequoia cam, also investing in the thermals, high resolution cameras for use in survey mapping, search and recovery .. for both research and coursework / training (GIS / RMS, Pix4D, etc) . I am torn with the inspires as I dont think we can easily switch the cameras/ sensors on the Inspire2?  Was leaning towards the Inspire1?  I am also obtaining a couple of the Phantom4Pros in addition to the Inspires.  We will primarily use units to generate orthos and surface models for remote sensing, watershed modeling ... Any suggestions?

R Martin    75
On 8/6/2017 at 2:35 PM, Warren Roberts said:

I have the Phantom 4 .. also the Sequoia cam, also investing in the thermals, high resolution cameras for use in survey mapping, search and recovery .. for both research and coursework / training (GIS / RMS, Pix4D, etc) . I am torn with the inspires as I dont think we can easily switch the cameras/ sensors on the Inspire2?  Was leaning towards the Inspire1?  I am also obtaining a couple of the Phantom4Pros in addition to the Inspires.  We will primarily use units to generate orthos and surface models for remote sensing, watershed modeling ... Any suggestions?

https://www.birdseyeview.aero/ - ~ $21,000.00 w/ sensors and RTK base station

http://www.pulseaero.com/ - Vapor15 ~ call for quote

or the Inspire 1 v2.0 but check first if the sensors you have can be mounted on the airframe. ~$3100.00 with batteries, dual RCs, case, ect.

Av8Chuck    166

My first suggestion would be to wait as long as you can before making your purchase decision.  A lot has changed in the last couple of weeks that will hopefully lead to other manufacturers being funded.  

There's quite few very good commercial drone manufacturers that have been unable to get the necessary funding to scale up.  That seems to be changing.  

Your not going to get the level of accuracy required to certify data from an off the shelf Inspire, for an additional $6-$7K  you can add additional technology that will get a DJI from about 6 meters of accuracy to about 10cm.  

If you can wait, there should be more platforms available that can get the accuracy needed.  It won't be inexpensive to get to 2cm, but it is achievable.