Sign in to follow this  
Forestry Drones

National Heritage Area flying restrictions

Are there any special regulations governing the flight of drones over National Heritage Areas?  These areas are not governed by the NPS although they do receive federal funds through the NPS.

I have read extensively and cannot find anything that covers this (in my interpretation).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

I read recently that sites such as Statue of Liberty, Hover Dam and more will be getting placed as no-fly zones for drones this month. A lot of no-fly zones for drones are shown here, still need to check your other sources such as Sectionals, NOTAMs, etc.

https://faa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=9c2e4406710048e19806ebf6a06754ad

Thanks for the reply Steve.  I am certainly checking all sources to make sure I am within regulations.  Unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be anything regulating the Heritage Areas.  There is also nothing which lumps them in with the NPS.

Confusing to say the least.

Perhaps there is a care taker or ranger of some sort that patrols the area whom you could ask. If not, try local police/sheriff to see who manages the area. If you can find the management for the area, they might very well know the answer to your question.

• Like 1