Spitfire76

Tiny Whoop ?

Anyone on the forum own a "Tiny Whoop"?. I know they have been around for over a year and there are number of websites selling them or spare or upgraded parts. They look a lot of fun and since they are so small you can fly them indoors and annoy other family members and pets. They sound like a great drone to get for the winter months. I've been looking at the following sites.

https://www.tinywhoop.com

These guys seem to have way too much fun with them

https://www.flitetest.com

but I think this is where I will get one from as I can use my Taranis X9D transmitter.

https://betafpv.com

Edited by Spitfire76

Tiny Whoops are great fun. For myself I heard that you need to rest the tiny whoops in between batteries so I bought two of them. 

Also - get a pair of FPV googles - which just adds to the fun. If you happen to be around Portland OR then post a message.  We are trying to get a tiny whoop group organized. 

Edited by eColumbia99

On 10/27/2017 at 10:09 PM, eColumbia99 said:

Tiny Whoops are great fun. For myself I heard that you need to rest the tiny whoops in between batteries so I bought two of them. 

Also - get a pair of FPV googles - which just adds to the fun. If you happen to be around Portland OR then post a message.  We are trying to get a tiny whoop group organized. 

Which models did you end up buying ?. I don't have FPV googles but plan on using a small TV as a monitor to start with. I live near Sacramento, CA so not that close to Portland.

Edited by Spitfire76

I got the inductrix and a pair of the less expensive fat shark goggles. There is a small monitor that comes with the inductrix that I used at first. However I switched to the fpv goggles after a short amount of time.   

6 hours ago, eColumbia99 said:

I got the inductrix and a pair of the less expensive fat shark goggles. There is a small monitor that comes with the inductrix that I used at first. However I switched to the fpv goggles after a short amount of time.   

I'm really looking for a Tiny Whoop that I can use my FrSky TX with and I don't believe I can with the Inductrix unless I also purchase a Spectrum compatible RF module. That's the main reason for looking at the BetaFPV clones.