loy.pilot2

Best Tablet To Use with P4P

Hello-

I am looking to purchase a Phantom 4 Pro in the near future.  I do not currently own a tablet and have been controlling my current XIRO Explorer V with my IPhone 6SE which is the same size as a IPhone 5.  I have researched tablets and it seems some Android tablets cause some capability to be lost with the DJI Go App over the capability an IPad would give.  Of course a cellular/WiFi capable IPad can be quite expensive. What has been your experience on the best tablet to use with an Phantom 4 Pro?

Hi Guys,

I'm also buying a Phantom 4 Pro soon.  I am leaning toward the P4P+ to get the built in screen.  My thinking is that the display system will be optimized for the P4P, as opposed to whatever phone I mightuse.  Any experience or input on this plan?

Phil

A couple points

Pros: 

1. Bright Screen
  2. 1 less cable

Cons:

1. All in one device.  If one quits you loose both.
  2. Doesn't allow sdk apps which greatly expand utility. (this is a deal killer for many).

The apple mini ipad 4 has an upgraded processor that should eliminate all the former messages that some received on the Mini Ipad3...as it was essentially overwhelmed. My Mini ipad has all of the other functions turned OFF..and I fly in Airplane mode. 

cheers

Lightroom (20171112_Jonathan_Drone_089.DNG).jpg

• Like 1

Going forward I am switching to the Crystal Sky android devices. Since DJI opened up the Crystal Sky to 3rd party apps, I'm assuming that crystal sky will be de facto standard against which DJI will develop the GO apps and the sdk for. 

Currently it is a pain to put 3rd party apps on the crystal sky devices. In the future DJI should make this process easier.  

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 6:56 PM, pag43061 said:

Hi Guys,

I'm also buying a Phantom 4 Pro soon.  I am leaning toward the P4P+ to get the built in screen.  My thinking is that the display system will be optimized for the P4P, as opposed to whatever phone I mightuse.  Any experience or input on this plan?

Phil

I shoot videos for money and I don't use any third party apps, though maybe I should.  With that said, I absolutely LOVE flying with the build in screen, it is so much easier to get the exposure and other settings right when you have a great image to start with.  The iPads don't even come close, totally worth the money in my opinion.

P4Pro + is your best choice for visibility which is effectively a Crystal Sky display.

That list shared above is a nice guideline but no conclusive. As stated in prior comments DJI Android factory support is currently limited to DJI Go 4. If your goal is to produce high quality pics & vids then your first criteria should be a bright display esp. when flying in bright daylight or totally rely on auto camera settings. If you cannot see the screen very well how will you know which camera settings to adjust. Or shoot raw full time and spend time in post process editing. But then you still have to be able to center your target to get the best framing.

That puts the CS display at the head of the class, but not yet proven to be stable in high heat environment. Many failures reported so far and not even summer yet.

One Android tablet that gets high marks for screen brightness is the Asus 3s 10" but it is still only rated at near 500 nits. However non DJI Android displays do support 3rd party aps = tradeoffs!

BTW - I do love my CS Ultra! Just hope it does not burn up any time soon. I plan to buy the Asus tablet for my back up plan.