GoneCoastal

DJI Customer Service?

Just wanted to get some opinions in here if anyone has had any outstanding customer service with DJI? My business has spent a ridiculous amount of $$ on their products. Recently one of my Inspire 2 batteries went bad after only 11 charges and only 2 months out of warranty. They wouldn't replace it or even offer a discount on a new one. Normally, I wouldn't care and would suck it up but when you've spent nearly $10k on their products, it seems that would warrant at least a discount on a $150 battery?

I"m not trying to bash the company. Everyone has to make money. But I'd just like some other opinion to see if my perspective is skewed...

You shouldn’t use “Customer Service” and “DJI” in the same sentence.  

I have a saying, “You can’t be a chimp and do business with a gorilla.”  You look at spending $10k on their products as a significant investment, while their spending tens of millions of dollars spinning the virtues of their commercial products.  A $10K decision for a small company might be the difference between success and failure, to DJI it literally nothing. 

I think I’m going to change the saying to: “You can’t be a chimp and do business with a Panda.”  They couldn’t care less about your problems.  That’s a bit of an unfair statement, its probably more that their confused.  They have legions of hobbyists telling them how great they are so they become confused and agitated when a minority commercial operator expects them to solve a problem that the hobbyists insist doesn’t exist.  

As a commercial operator your experience with DJI support is more the norm than the exception.  Commercial operators are not their core customers and will always be treated as second class citizens until they are the core customer.  Trouble is for commercial customers to become their primary target means that DJI will go out of business.  

On 12/31/2017 at 1:22 PM, Av8Chuck said:

Commercial operators are not their core customers and will always be treated as second class citizens until they are the core customer.  Trouble is for commercial customers to become their primary target means that DJI will go out of business.  

And that is precisely the perspective I was looking for which I was looking. That's a very good point though. We are the minority, unfortunately.

DJI Customer Service is in the Philippines, so when you call you get someone over there-every time. My impression based on my conversations with them is they are disorganized, don't know the product line like they should, and frankly don't even fly them.  The repair facility for the US is in California -at least that's where I sent mine and I'm in FL.  They are quick to tell you an across the board software update will fix the issue.  I avoid software updates if I have a system running fine.  I don't need to download a huge database of locked out airspace that I can fly in just fine with my part 107 license.  They try hard in the Philippines but the real problem is DJI China.  After you drop 2K or more on one they don't seem to care about you.  That's my impression.  Now where to get that drone repaired if not DJI?  I don't know.

There have been some surprisingly good brick and mortar DJI service companies, unfortunately DJI didn't build and support a reseller channel and that's really adversely effecting their ability to support their products.