JBR LIFE Photography

Paradise Ridge Estates - 30 Second TV Spot

Yo peeps!  So I made a TV commercial... lol. Actually, this is a very chopped down version of the full ad video.  The developer decided to run a 30 second TV spot, which was a first for me to create.  I asked who they wanted for the voiceover, thinking maybe the realtor or someone...nope.  They said, 'We like your voice, and we want you to write the script.'  Not gonna lie...was a bit nervous on this one.  To get clean sound, I had to shut myself in the car in the garage with a voice recorder early in the morning before the house and the neighborhood woke up.  Some good ol' east TN ingenuity right there.

I just wanna go on record saying this...interlacing formats for broadcast are weird.  That is all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

That’s awesome!  

Made the first two shot CG?  

Thanks, Chuck!  Actually, ALL of the property features are CAD rendering overlays onto real drone footage.  This project was super fun, meeting with the architect, developer, realtor & marketing team to determine how the video would flow, building elevations for view shots, and so on. Once they cleared a few trees, I flew the path as if the complex existed.  Then, took still photos at the top-floor elevation and pinpoint so as to capture the view from all angles.  These images were used as the background in the CAD renderings of the interior.  It was quite a challenge to fly the drone into a balcony that doesn't exist!  I had my wife in the field with a radio, standing next to an orange flag set to balcony height.  She waved her arms so I could see her from afar until I got close enough to view the flag.

You can see the full vid here:

Edited by JBR LIFE Photography

That is such a great use of "property" video.  I have a ton of questions about workflow, budget etc that goes beyond what's probably appropriate to share on a forum.  

Its nice to see how "reality" modeling is starting to change the way we see things.

Again, great job.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Av8Chuck said:

That is such a great use of "property" video.  I have a ton of questions about workflow, budget etc that goes beyond what's probably appropriate to share on a forum.  

Its nice to see how "reality" modeling is starting to change the way we see things.

Again, great job.

Thanks for taking the time to view, and for the compliment!  Shoot me a PM with your questions anytime.

Loved both videos.  Just beginning to explore Final Cut Pro X and the attached is my first "test" project.

FCP is an exceptional tool and I look forward to producing many more property videos, including voice-over as you have.  Thanks for posting your fine video. I picked up some great ideas from it.

Regards,

Jay

Hi @Jay Burnham, we have a thread dedicated to property videos here: 

when I launched that thread I was hoping that it would become the place where we could post demos of our work and discuss the art of producing this genre of video.

Skilled artisans aren’t defined by the tools they use, FCPX is about the same as all the other NLE’s and there are people on this forum who can certainly provide insight to how it can be used effectively for this type of production.  

I’ve mentioned this before, I don’t produce property videos for a living but I do produce the occasional video for friends.  Personally I really enjoy producing them because you have to utilize so many different skills.  That’s what’s so unique about this latest @JBR LIFE Photography video, it integrates CG, compositing, photography, 3D reality modeling, etc..  

If you haven’t already, check out the other thread, there’s already a bit of a discussion regarding this video, post your video there and feel free to share your experiences, offer suggestions or ask for feedback.  

• Like 1

This is really nice vid, congrats you finally reach the level of TV comercial VIDS thats in sometime maybe never  believe never gonna see one of your VID on the TV. In some point you really wish to see your VID on TV. You made it and open a new big opportunity to the DRON business.

Well done i see almots all you post and you progress was follow for all the fourom, next level Movies theather....!!

This VID you make with the P4 ..? or used other drone... The timelapses VID are awesome ...!!

How do you make the speed efect on FCP, i used but never install the FCP X and there is a lot options and do not which one to used. 

Greetings from Mexico.

Best regards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carlos Arrieta said:

This is really nice vid, congrats you finally reach the level of TV comercial VIDS thats in sometime maybe never  believe never gonna see one of your VID on the TV. In some point you really wish to see your VID on TV. You made it and open a new big opportunity to the DRON business.

Well done i see almots all you post and you progress was follow for all the fourom, next level Movies theather....!!

This VID you make with the P4 ..? or used other drone... The timelapses VID are awesome ...!!

How do you make the speed efect on FCP, i used but never install the FCP X and there is a lot options and do not which one to used. 

Greetings from Mexico.

Best regards

Mahalo for the kind words and encouragement! It really was a super fun and challenging project.

For this I used a Phantom 4, edited in FCPX, which offers speed adjustment.