I sold a Phanton 4 after I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro. Can someone explain what I need to do to get the one I sold out of my name and register the new one. Thanks for any help. 

Unless you were issued an "N" number as part of a 333 or Part 107, you didn't register your drone.  You registered yourself as an operator and where required to display or place the number they issued you on your drone.

Take the number off or out of the drone when you sell it, problem solved.  

Ok thanks I removed the sticker from the one sold like a responsible person would just like a person would (I hope ) when selling a car ( remove ) the plates. I thought the serial number of the drone was associated with it at the time it was registered to me. 

Did you have to provide the serial number to the FAA when you registered?  When I registered they gave you a number to stick on/with your drones and they didn't even know how many drones I had.

2 hours ago, Princeofdrones said:

I thought the serial number of the drone was associated with it at the time it was registered to me.

It depends how you registered - if you register under section 336 as a hobbyist or if your registered it for commercial use under Part 107. Hobbyists only register once irrespective of the number of UAVs or model aircraft they own whereas commercial operators have to register each UAV at the cost of $5 each. The FAA recently added a new website for drone registration and airspace authorization called the FAADroneZone.

https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/

I noticed that if you have a Part 107 profile you can add each UAV to your inventory and there is a field for the serial number. I haven't tried it but I assume you can also delete an entry if you sell or no longer use that UAV.

Edited by Spitfire76

16 minutes ago, Av8Chuck said:

What if th drone doesn’t have a serial number?  

5a639b944236f_ScreenShot2018-01-20at11_40_35AM.png.035f6e1414a354d0a99ee0415364bef9.png

Select serial number not applicable. Also the UAS Type has the drop down options "Home Built" or "Purchased" so of course for the first they should not expect a serial number. 

Edited by Spitfire76

I’m not sure about if it doesn’t have a serial number. I registered back when it was required for $5.00 and entered my serial number. Then it wasn’t required to register anymore and now it’s back to registering again. I’ve not seen anything that clearly states what to do if a drone was registered and a serial number was used and then that drone was sold. 

11 hours ago, Princeofdrones said:

Then it wasn’t required to register anymore

The withdrawal of the drone registration as a result of the John Taylor lawsuit only applied to hobbyist (section 336) not commercial pilots (Part 107).

Have you checked on https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/ as you should see how you registered ?. If you registered under Part 107 then you should see that drone and its serial number in the inventory and I would hope that you could simply delete it.

Edited by Spitfire76