Fotomon

DJI Customer Service?

I initially thought DJI’s customer service was good but now I’m wondering if it all depends on which product you send in. 

Here’s my ongoing issue. 

Over a year ago, when updating my P3 Advanced controller’s software per dji’s instruction, my controller went dead. It was fully charged but suddenly froze up. Nothing. Sent it to DJI after speaking with tech and it came back working fine. Zoom ahead to late November of last year, same thing happened updating same controller using WiFi and App. Dead again. Sent it in, shows as being accepted and in system as of December 7, 2017. It has been stuck on that repair progress ever since. 

I have sent email after email to get an update. Same response from several DJI customer service people. “Sorry for delay. We will endorse your case to our repair team so they can provide he complete details about your progress in your case.”

They say an update will be emailed to me. Nothing. Into the second month now. 

Anyone run into this? 

I bought a P4Pro in December and figured I’d keep the P3 Advanced as a back-up. If I was using it for jobs I’d be in serious trouble. 

Time to start trying to reach repair by phone?

3 hours ago, Fotomon said:

If I was using it for jobs I’d be in serious trouble. 

Welcome to the dilemma that is DJI.  Why do so many components fail when the firmware is upgraded?  Why do they put so many obstacles between the operator and a payday?  

Av8Chuck , thanks and I agree. 

But would love more input on recent experiences regarding support for older models. Is this type delay common now? Has their support / repair so inundated that this is happening all the time?

I purchased their one year DJI Care Refresh Service for my newest drone and hopefully that will help should the P4P need anything. 

Can anyone weigh in?

On 2/7/2018 at 6:22 PM, Fotomon said:

I have sent email after email to get an update. Same response from several DJI customer service people. “Sorry for delay. We will endorse your case to our repair team so they can provide he complete details about your progress in your case.”

That's frustrating. Have you tried calling or using the live chat? I've had good luck with both.

A quick update. I was able to speak with a DJI Customer Service person. After conferring with their repair dept., they say that they are waiting for parts. No idea when these "parts" will be available. 

It seems quite disingenuous at the very least that after 2 months, DJI cannot find whatever parts they are talking about, especially since I believe it was a software problem (software update, by the the online instructions, froze my controller), not hardware. 

I fully expect that one day, maybe a month in the future, I will receive word that they are not supporting this model or controller, nothing can be done and it will be up to me to find an a P3 Adv. controller on ebay..................

DJI is seriously hurting their business if they continue with such customer service. I'm also seeing a lot of other complaints on other forums... 

As a final follow up, after many many calls and emails to customer service, I eventually received a controller back from DJI. It’s a new one to be used for my older P3 Advanced. Since no one could give me an answer, I was told twice that a tech/representative would call me and call me on specific days. No one called. 

Really a bad experience with this issue. 

On the flip side, I had a new battery for my P4 Pro show a dead cell and they replaced pronto!