RCopp

Non-DJi Drone Setup for Commercial Use

Hi all,

I have had great success using my Inspire 1 and Phantom 4 Pro on infrastructure inspection projects in the USA. However, I am getting increased pressure to use non-DJi products for some critical infrastructure work. I am not very familiar with non-DJi brands. I am looking for a user friendly product that has the capability of carrying a camera that captures at least 20MP still photos. If you have a favorite drone setup, whether it is stock or custom made, I would be very interested in hearing about it. 

Thanks in advance.

Where are you located?

We develop a great drone that is quickly becoming a solid alternative to DJI.  At the moment we're not selling them to the public.  We're a small company and being consumed by projects for the Navy.  

We do have the capacity to support companies that know what their doing and are reasonably close to us.  I don't have product shots on my laptop but if you look around this site you'll see our most recent hybrid drone:

And here are some videos showing what we do and some of our drones.  This one was kind of tongue-n-cheek for some VC:

This one shows some flight testing, we can carry from 12 pounds AUW to 48 pounds AUW with our Y6's.

I posted about the US Army ban on this forum and was telling people then the unintended consequences.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Av8Chuck. I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area and would be interested in talking with you more. I will be in Denver on Wednesday afternoon through Thursday evening, however, I will be at a training most of Thursday. I will do my best to stop by your booth on Wednesday when I arrive.

Dave - I have looked into the Falcon 8 and am very interested, however, it is a big investment compared to all the drones I have used to date.

45 minutes ago, RCopp said:

Dave - I have looked into the Falcon 8 and am very interested, however, it is a big investment compared to all the drones I have used to date.

Agreed.  However, if you (or me for that matter) moves away from DJI, the cost is going to be much higher in all cases I think.  I don't consider going from DJI to Yuneec, for example a realistic strategy.

Let us know which way you end up going if you make the jump.

@RCopp unfortunately like just about all other professions getting into professional equipment generally costs more.  The more people understand what it takes to get the required level of accuracy the price, size and performance of the sensors is only going to get bigger.

The investment in these sensors can be in the tens of thousands of dollars, do you really want to take the risk with a drone manufactured by a Chinese toy drone manufacturer?  There are several reasons for the increasing pressure to use non-DJI equipment and the cyber security issue is only one of them.

Customers are getting educated to this as well and are starting to compensate more appropriately.  

I'd appreciate any feedback about the following data sheet we'll be providing at the booth:  (I think)...

AAhandoutAboutNonBleed.jpg

AAhandoutProductNonBleed29-2.jpg

• Like 1