Roy Beasley

Typhoon H available for preorder

@Alan Perlman I put in my pre-order for the Typhoon H w/ Realsense yesterday from Carolina Dronz.  I'll let the forum know when I'm due to recieve it. I'm almost finished with the FAA 333 submision and will show the process as soon as is complete. After I get the Typhoon H, If you want to come to west georgia, You're welcome by to take it for a spin.

7 hours ago, sunbladerr said:

After I get the Typhoon H, If you want to come to west georgia, You're welcome by to take it for a spin.

Might take you up on that :)

Alan 

i am all in this i would like to turn this hobby into my career i know i need to take some course and pass the test

i have created a domain and in the process of creating my we page the drone will be coming soon and would like a few pointers on how i should go thru this to make it happen.

Greetings,

I too have a great interest in this aircraft.

Alan, I will be very interested in your evaluation, especially if you have the opportunity to test the OAS (Obstacle Avoidance System) as from what I've read it's a bit old school technology as compared to the P4 Pro.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Clear Skies,

Hey @leyrerwa, I'm still working on my full review, but yes, I did test obstacle avoidance.

My very short take on it...it worked as described, but after running through some different tests and thinking more about the practicality of having obstacle avoidance, it seems like a "nice to have" and not a "need to have" for professional sUAS operators. I guess what I mean by that is that while I think it's a cool feature and one that hopefully we'll continue to see as a foundational piece of all sUAS at some point in the not-too-distance future, I'm coming up short with use cases as to how I'd personally benefit from it, other than as an accident avoidance if I fell asleep at the joystick and tried to run it into a brick wall. I just couldn't wrap my head around how I'd be using it on a regular basis enough to consider even activating it while I flew (other than for the test).

Hope that makes sense? I just re-read what I wrote above, and I'm not sure it's very sensical :)

Greetings Alan,

Thanks for your input (or is it output??)

If the pilot is in constant line of sight with his drone 'he/she' is the Obstacle Avoidance System, right?

Usually when the OAS is advertised as a "sale" feature, it's demonstrated while in the 'follow me' or other type of tracking/autonomous mode. I suppose if an operator were lose line of sight (behind a tree or a building) or was forced into a RTH scenario, OBS might prove advantageous. Other than that, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm still anxious for your full review of the Typhoon H.

Clear Skies!!

• Like 1

On 12/17/2016 at 6:28 PM, leyrerwa said:

Usually when the OAS is advertised as a "sale" feature, it's demonstrated while in the 'follow me' or other type of tracking/autonomous mode. I suppose if an operator were lose line of sight (behind a tree or a building) or was forced into a RTH scenario, OBS might prove advantageous. Other than that, I don't know.

Good point...

On 3/16/2016 at 3:33 PM, Alan Perlman said:

Oof, I really want to fly one of these.

Alan,

During my long winded "Open Invitation" the next you're passing through Chicagoland, I guess Inforgot to mention that we have about 4-5 of these in our fleet, and by all means if you ever make it up here, I'll make certain to have multiple batteries charged and ready for you to enjoy a truly excellent UAV.

Regards,

FlySafe Chicago

(312) 838-2340

• Like 1

I've Looked in to this drone to and plan to by it with the real sense too. It seems nice to have the real sense if you are a beginner, or if its for a noncommercial use,  like biking through the woods and you have it follow you. Then the real sense would come in handy. But after reading what other people have to say about it, and how helpful it would be in the long run, I guess I could save the extra money and just get it without the real sense. If you have anything more to say about it let me know.