spanick

Hello from California

Hi all. I've been doing aerial imagery for a large farming company for a little over a year and am hoping to branch out and start my own business. I'll probably still focus mostly on agriculture and industry since I have the experience, but I'm hoping to learn more about other areas such as surveying, inspection, and real estate photography. I'm also hoping to learn from other's experiences starting up their own business.

I've been flying a Phantom 3 Pro and will likely get a Phantom 4 Pro when I start up on my own. This isn't ideal for ag but I'm hoping it will be enough to save up to invest in a another drone with a multi-spectral or infrared camera.

Welcome @spanick. where in CA do you live. I'm in monterey county. I'm working on getting my own drone  business going as well. I wish you the best !

Luke Dietz,

Hello @spanick and welcome to this forum. I'm also in California, north of Sacramento. This is still a hobby for me although I do have my part 107.

You may already know about this stuff since you have been working for a large farming company but I'll add the link in case this company's training is of interest to you. 

https://www.scholarfarms.com/home-page

Greg Crutsinger seems to know a thing or two about using drones in agriculture. I recently saw a presentation from him at sUSBexpo in San Francisco and @Alan Perlman, the founder of UAVCoach recently did a webinar with him although I believe that the recording is only available to those students of Alan's DronePilotGroundSchool. 

Edited by Spitfire76

@Luke, thanks! to you as well

@Spitfire76 this is interesting. I'll have to look into this. But yeah, I'm pretty confident in my ag knowledge for the drone. I'm looking to better understand how imagery is used for surveying and roofing inspections. The more I can diversify, the better.

Hi All, I'm also in California, South Orange County. I'm working on my part 107 through DPGS..

I have a Mavic Pro and have been flying for about 9 months.....

I'm an architect and have had the opportunity to take and use my drone here, in Cambodia and Sri Lanka..... for documentation and surveying...

Thanks for the forum, looking forward to learning lots and sharing stories!