Spitfire76

Parrot #ITSCOMING

I'm on there mailing list when they announce it. Should be something cool.

13 hours ago, Luke said:

I'm on there mailing list when they announce it. Should be something cool.

Obviously a good marketing ploy to get folks to sign up and of course it works. Also despite that this count down has been running for several months its still a real mystery. 

Edited by Spitfire76

7 minutes ago, Spitfire76 said:

Obviously a good marketing ploy to get folks to sign up and of course it works. Also despite that this count down has been running for several months its still a real mystery. 

Hey, don't sell Parrot short, especially because they're a French company (think Arianne).  The Bebop 2 is a nifty little aircraft.

14 minutes ago, victorbravo77 said:

Hey, don't sell Parrot short, especially because they're a French company (think Arianne).  The Bebop 2 is a nifty little aircraft.

Maybe it sounded like it but it wasn't my intention, rather admiration for a clever campaign and keeping it so secret. Having lived and worked in France for 12 years I don't have anything but respect for them being a French company.

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Thanks 1

Just now, victorbravo77 said:

Merci!  Encore mon ami!!

We could go offline and talk about what you did there.  I am closer to La Rochelle.  2 hrs east (?), Civray.

It's just that the dji market is considerably larger than the parrot drone market that I prematurely sensed a cheap shot.  Je m'excuse s'il vous plait.

1 hour ago, victorbravo77 said:

It's just that the dji market is considerably larger than the parrot drone market that I prematurely sensed a cheap shot.  Je m'excuse s'il vous plait.

No worries. I am not a fan of DJI and would like to see companies like Parrot provide some serious competition. It will be interesting to see what they announce on Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, victorbravo77 said:

We could go offline and talk about what you did there.  I am closer to La Rochelle.  2 hrs east (?), Civray.

I lived in Grenoble working for a large IT company.

Its a Mavic like drone called the ANAFI (Parrot's tweets just before the count down ended)

Edited by Spitfire76

Just checked it out. It is very impressive for a selfie drone. The camera is really nice as well. I'm surprised it doesn't cost more, but I guess, it doesn't come with avoidance system. that must be why. just so everyone knows My birthday Is coming up. This would make a perfect gift. haha