Sign in to follow this  
Rylan Loemker

Fuzzy Jpgs

Hi,

Has anyone experienced this? I took some photos today (Inspire X3) and when I reviewed the photos all the Jpgs seemed corrupt in that they appear fuzzy or blurry. But when I reviewed the DNG files, they all appear fine. Has anyone experienced this?

File examples attached.

Regards.

Rylan

DJI_0320.DNG

DJI_0320.JPG

I opened the DNG in Photoshop's raw converter. At 100% there is some quite noticeable blur.  It looks like motion blur to me - though that's just a guess.  I see you're shooting at 1/500 at ISO 400 F2.8.  You should not be getting motion blur at those settings unless the Inspire was moving quite fast when you shot the image.  There could also be issues with your gimbal or camera mount. What are you using to convert the DNGs to JPEGs?

Hi @Silk Purse. There should be no motion blur. The shots were taken a hover as part of a pano. Low afternoon light lent to the higher ISO. There is no conversion - the Inspire saves both jpg and dng with each shot. 

I found the DNG to be fine but the jpg was way off.

I shoot DNG + JPG too on my P3A.  I have never seen a difference in sharpness between the two versions, and I have no idea what would cause the JPGs to be less sharp or blurry.  Can you post a JPG?  It's likely that your camera takes one image and saves it in 2 ways.  It saves it first as a raw image (DNG) then as a compressed image (JPG).  If there is a quality difference, it must be coming from the compression.  Again, I am seeing some blur in the raw file.  Try zooming to 100% or more.  If you find the DNG acceptable, you could save it as a JPG, but I believe you have a larger problem