Kirk

Passed recurrent Part 107 Test, now what?

So the place where I took the test couldn’t tell me what would happen next. Does my new license just come in the mail? Do I need to do anything?

Do you have a part 107 license?  I’m a pilot, you get a pilots license for life unless it’s taken away.  Just because you have the license doesn’t mean your current to fly.  I’d imagine 107 is the same way.

i have no idea how you prove your currency?  Pilots get a stamp in their logbook. 

Well where to start. Like you I also have a lifetime pilots license, which has nothing to do with my question. The fact that I said I took the 24 month recurrent 107 test means I currently  have a a 107 license. Back to my original question. Now that Ive taken and passed my recurrent 107 license test. Is it the same IACRA process as when we all originally got our sUAS licenses. The reason I ask is my test proctor doesn’t know, that concerns me.

If your a pilot, did you receive a separate license for your 107?

Its my understanding that its just another endorsement.

Correct I did not tie my part 107 Drone license to my part 61 private pilot license. Both of my license stand separate.

I also have separate Part 61 and Part 107 licenses. It is not an endorsement to an exiting Part 61 license and I was surprised to see that. I would have preferred to have it all on one card. 

I am concerned about renewal as well. I live in Europe so must travel back to the US to take the renewal exam as none are offered in Europe since 9/11. I wish they had an online method for this but they didn't when I took my exam. I happened to be in Las Vegas for a trip and scheduled my exam there. Europe doesn't yet have a unified license or requirements but they do accept the US license (for now). I am hoping that at some date in the future there will be reciprocity but that looks far off. Some countries have taken it to extreme lengths such as Austria and a license is expensive there as are insurance requirements. It costs something on the order of 1000 Euros for their license.

I am an American permanently living in Hungary and they have not yet set real standards for this. It is to be discussed later this year. On the other hand I have never been required to show my license anywhere. I have it more as an insurance policy should an unfortunate accident occur as generally there is a requirement for all drone flights (not just commercial) to have licensure. I also carry specific insurance as well which is yet another problem. Model aircraft clubs offer this for reasonable costs.

i guess, this being the first month or close the those who are 2 years expired will find out about it. I'm thinking that you don't have to register again on IACRA but do submit your test results. another application for the new license, since i do think you need to replace the old one.

let us know, I'm not due until 2020 but would be good to know. thanks!

Ok figured it out. Yes you use IACRA as before. My issue was that when I start the new application process on IACRA it automatically thinks because I have a part 61 license that it auto fills in the info for the part 61 info and asks to provide annual info pertaining to my private pilot license. Since my licenses are separate you need to do some uncomfortable things on IACRA, you tell it NO! When it asks if you have the requested part 61 info you select NO. Once you select NO to the request IACRA will then give you different options. One selection now let’s you enter your UAS test number.

note: They say it can take 48 hours for your test info to make it to the IACRA system.

Interesting, my proctor (who is president of a fixed/heli flight school) said she double checked and it is updated in the system electronically- there is no need to enter in your test # separately yourself in IACRA, just keep it on file (or take a photo for your phone) to show if prompted by FAA.   Maybe it's more "official" for you guys as 61 pilots but that's what I heard as a drone-only pilot...