I bought the  Q500+ and charging takes a good 2 hours. I think I read 4K comes with faster charger. How fast does 4k batteries charge?

Also hearing there are 3rd party options? 3rd party options that charge much faster and can put batteries in storage mode, 50% charged?

Any info on battery charging options and where to buy them would be appreciated.

Hey @Bob Kroth, not sure that it is possible for the battery to charge faster. I believe that the charger balances the battery as well as charges it, which is why it takes a decent amount of time. I wouldn't want to mess with 3rd party options because of the possibility of shorting the battery or disrupting the battery in any way. I think your best and safest bet would be to purchase another battery if you would like more flight time. 

• Like 2

Hi @Bob Kroth,

The Yuneeq flight batteries are 5400 mAh and rated at 1C. That means the batteries should only be charged at 1X the capacity, or in other words, max 5.4 amps. The charger that comes with the 4K charges at 3.5 amps and only charges through the balance connector. Takes about 2 hours per battery. The batteries come charged at 3.7 volts per cell for a total battery charge of 11.1 volts. Max voltage is 4.2 volts per cell for a totally charged battery of 12.6 volts.

I recommend a computerized charger that balance charges as well as having the ability to charge/discharge to storage level which is roughly 3.8 volts per cell giving you a battery at storage level of 11.4 volts.

I use the Hi-Tec X4 but do your research there are several different brands out there. My X4 charges 4 batteries at a time. Although the output is 200 watts, it only puts out 50 watts per channel so the max I can charge a battery from storage level is approximately 4.4 amps (Volts X Amps = Watts). It takes about an hour to charge all 4 of my batteries at once. The reason it takes less time to charge the battery (besides the higher amperage) is you are charging through the main leads and the balance connector just regulates the voltage in the individual cells.

If you go this route, you will need charging leads with E6 male connectors for each battery as well as an XH balance board and balance leads for each battery.

Hope that helps.

Brent

Edited by Brent
  • Like 2