Hans

Offshore Platforms Inspections

We are thinking on the applications for emergency situations. So the drones can evaluate the incident scene by having a thermal or gas sensors or anything that could fit our client's requirements. it needs to be able to withstand adverse weather conditions, and most probably need to water and explosion proof.

Thanks, hopefully others will chime in here.

You have a ton of options for thermal imagery. That's pretty easy. Adverse weather conditions and water/explosion proof is highly improbable unless I'm missing something.

You're likely looking for a multirotor as opposed to a fixed-wing system. Something that can take off vertically and doesn't need any kind of runway / landing strip. Your battery life will be in the 15-30 minute range.

Exactly..i am currently engaging a UAV manufacturer from the Netherlands..will see what they can offer us..it will definitely be additional advantage if we can offer a high durability equipment :)

• Like 1

2 options 

a) AscTec falcon 8 for piloted missions ($80k CAD) 

b) Aeryon Labs Skyranger for planned missions ($150k CAD)

For safety and insurance purposes these are the only 2 VTOL I know of allowed to work on off shore rigs. I'm personally trying to get to the inspection side of things and it isn't easy.

• Like 1

Infrared Camera Inc., Beaumont, Tx. has their HALO industrial UAV which has 100% compatible gimbal, flight and ground control with DJI. In fact ICI is first and foremost a state of the art IR sensor and camera supply company with the industry's second of only 2 airborne optical gas sensor cameras (FLIR the only other) available for the detection of methane leaks. Their gimbal and IR camera control from the ground station is fully functional with the ability to use these configurations with either their HALO UAV or a DJI M600 Pro. The HALO has 8 motor and props mounted on 4 arms and the airframe is a solid carbon graphite construction design which was built specifically for use in petrochemical applications. David Strahan would be the proper sales contact for additional information - https://www.infraredcamerasinc.com/

All of the ICI gimbal and IR plus visible technology can also be bought from CopterSource configured to run on a M600 Pro - Byron Smith, Baytown Texas - https://www.coptersource.com/

Or you can send your own M600 Pro to ICI and they will custom integrate your DJI compatible choice of gimbal and cameras onto your airframe.

Respectfully - Michael Watson

No I am not employed by ICI nor do I have any financial ties with his company, however I did complete a 30 hour classroom training on level 1 Thermographer Certification there.