Hey guys,

I was wondering about your opinions about the best drones for filming rafting and/or canyoning videos? 

What about lily,is that smth that should be considered safe to buy?

Cy phy maybe?

Thanx

I am interested in reply to your post  I watched video about lily  Awesome. Are they on the market? Does any one out there have one?

What I don't understand about the Lily is how they did $30 million in pre-sales without hardly having any footage of people flying them. At the end of the day, they CANNOT BE CONTROLLED MANUALLY. They're likely a fun toy (I hope to test one myself soon enough), but no transmitter? No obstacle avoidance? Pssht. :)

@bolenovic What kind of features are important to you in an UAS? What systems have you evaluated so far? There are many ways to film rafting / canyoneering and just as many systems that could work for you. Depends on your budget, your flight skills, what kind of features/attributes are important to you, etc.

Im mostly interested in waterproof drones with as much autonomy as possible.. Im mostly in a kayak(when filming rafting) and i take photos of tourists (in front of them) on 4-5 locations,and behind them gopro filming on two locations..so i would like to add aerial shots as a new product for them to buy.so either i have to hire someone to do it for me with phantom and "lose" my money or buy an autonomous drone..

The budget,well i guess 4000$ for atleast one drone with two extra batteries. And i need it not to be prone to accidents and fragile..

Haha, i know i ask too much,but thats what i need..

If not waterproof then the most reliable there is :D

Thanks and sorry about this unnecessary text.

Thanks @bolenovic. If you plan to shoot commercially, you'll need to understand the existing regulatory framework. At the moment, you'd need to be a licensed pilot to be the pilot-in-command of whatever UAS you end up buying.

As for models, you have a few options, but I'd stick to ones that you can control manually. I'd start with something from this list: https://www.wearechampionmag.com/best-waterproof-drones-market.

Hope that helps!

Hi Alan,

Since you seem familiar with the regulatory framework, I've been reading about the requirements for a civil license for commercial use. Do you anticipate this being more accessible in the near future? What shortcuts or loopholes can people do who want be able to do this? I heard some people go get hot air balloon certifications.

Thank you!

Daniel

7 hours ago, aledanniel said:

Hi Alan,

Since you seem familiar with the regulatory framework, I've been reading about the requirements for a civil license for commercial use. Do you anticipate this being more accessible in the near future? What shortcuts or loopholes can people do who want be able to do this? I heard some people go get hot air balloon certifications.

Thank you!

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Lots of other threads that discuss the regulations in this forum, but my short answer is to check out our free guide (and YouTube video) here, both of which discuss existing and future sUAS regulations in the US:

http://uavcoach.com/drone-certification

I was bored and since this thread hasn't had any activity I thought I'd post a video I shot almost six years ago of people kayaking in Missoula Montana.  It doesn't have any aerial.  

Needs more aerial.

Ha, just kidding. That looks like a lot of fun! Montana has always been (really high) on my list of states to visit.

It's amazing how fast drones are progressing, back in the day it was detrimental to a drone, now they can land in it!

Anyway, if anyones intrigued by these waterproof drones you can check out this article, you may get a kick out of it.