Welcome to the UAV Coach community. We’re thrilled to have you here!
If this is your first time visiting our community, our mission is to push the drone industry forward. And to help those of you interested in operating sUAS to become smarter, safer drone pilots. We manage an online drone training course for the FAA Part 107 drone certification process. We also publish a number of free educational guides and report on the latest industry news.
This community forum is an extension of our resources — a hub to share your work, unique knowledge, personal experiences, and insights with our growing network of drone enthusiasts.
By posing questions to our community (and offering guidance to users with questions), you’re providing an invaluable asset — your expertise. We encourage you to share what you’ve created and to offer feedback to others in return. We’re here to learn and to grow together. A rising tide lifts all ships!
The following types of posts are encouraged:
- Industry News — like this thread gathering positive news stories about the drone industry.
- Business Tips — like this thread discussing pricing
- Regulatory Questions — like this thread discussing FAA airspace authorizations / waivers
- Company / Product Reviews — like this thread on Drone Base, or this thread on Pix4D vs. Drone Deploy
- Sharing Photographs / Videos — please note, you won’t be able to upload images larger than 1MB. We encourage you to reduce your image file sizes (and link out to higher resolution photos). And for best results with your videos, we recommend using YouTube or Vimeo and dropping the link directly into your forum post.
- General Discussion — like this thread about flight hours and drone pilot experience
The drone industry is growing rapidly. It’s an exciting time to get started or to expand your business and skill set. We ask you to make your contributions to this forum relevant and free of spam. Posts that do not follow the rules will be removed, and users will either be warned or banned.
While it’s acceptable to challenge another user’s opinion, it’s also important to engage in thoughtful discourse. Please focus on facts and explain your point of view as thoroughly as possible. We’re aiming to help our members become industry leaders and significant contributors to the drone industry. The following types of behavior will not be tolerated in this community:
- Foul language
- Personal attacks
- Racist remarks or xenophobia
- Blatant advertising
- Duplicate posts
- Keyword stuffing
Please be professional in your conduct, but also feel free to build camaraderie with other members and have fun. Before you post, we encourage you to use the search function as your question may have already been answered in another thread.
Finally, the admins and moderators work hard to make this community a valuable resource for YOU. Feedback of any kind is greatly appreciated and highly encouraged. If you see something that can be improved upon, a dispute that can’t be easily resolved without intervention, or have a general question, please don’t hesitate to send an email to alan (at) uavcoach (dot) com.
Thank you for being a part of this community. Blue skies and safe flying out there!
- the UAV Coach team