All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. So many opportunities of fields to specialize in. Finding a additional course after taking the advance test. Course opportunities is still new but wanting to learn in a field. Or even companies offering additional training. Building skills the right instead of trial and error. Would transport canada have a list that are respected in the industry.
  3. Hi @Guy, Welcome to the UAV Coach Community Forum! The Mavic pro is a great choice and because DJI has released the Mavic 2, sometimes you can get a Mavic Pro for a good deal. You can also check out our drone guide which will help you compare different drone models. Here is the link for that: https://uavcoach.com/drone-with-camera/#guide-3 I hope this helps! - Chase
  4. @Bill Mills, Sounds like a great mission, looking forward to seeing what you post in the cinematography/filmmaking thread! - Chase
  5. If you want to become a professional then I’d suggest you listen to professionals. Do you honestly think it’s a good idea to spy on your neighbor if your a professional?
  6. I dunno which version it I have, but I love using it. Been a real life saver for low-light noise reduction. Helps with flicker a little as well, but I prefer to use a proper ND filter to remedy that while shooting.
  7. I heard there having problems with there supplier
  8. any ideas, comments, advice appreciated.🆗
  9. Hi everyone! I have a phantom 2 [non vision] with a gps module with the number DJI-11-22-V2. so my question is will a gps module with the number DJI-11-22-V1 work on it?
  10. ok, good at least we can eliminate that from having done any damage. The video that you posted earlier looks like its just flashing F then a 4 which I would imagine is the band and channel its using for the 5.8 Ghz video channel. In fact have you been able to test the camera by using FPV googles or a monitor ?. Also in that video is that 7 pin connector securely plugged in as it looks kind of wonky ?
  11. @Av8ChuckPlease don't reply to any more posts. He just asked a simple question and you dog him over it. Have some sort of professionalism and less sarcasm. You say, " chances are they’ll confiscate your drone and throw you in jail", but you don't know that for a fact. I enjoy reading some of these posts to learn something from someone else's experiences to see if it's worth going professional and starting my own company, but not to come here and read posts like yours. Have a heart and give us a break from the rhetoric, negativity and drama, please!
  12. Sometimes, it's just droney baloney. This place had several structures, none of which were suitable for interior filming. So, outdoor small drone madness for this one, with a few b-roll ground clips folded in. Enjoy!
  13. You nailed it. Reasonably busy, enough that a new large parking structure was erected, with a tram, and there's a plan to extend the runways for international flights, but you know...Maui time, so could be like a decade or more from now. Small group of operators who actually request airspace, but there are enough sky pirates around sending up drones in this very area with no regard to the airport being right there. It's nuts. The tower manager was beside himself delighted that I phoned in so we could actually coordinate. But there was no requirement to phone in beforehand on the waiver.
  14. Much appreciated, Dave, I'll try this. Seems to be the closest thing to solution for now.
  15. No this is not the case on my aircraft.
  16. I Don't have a DJI, but want one. I have the YUNEEC typhoon H. I got the restrictions taken off by just giving yuneec my part 107 number, then they gave me a code to download onto the drone. A lot of my friends who fly DJI are having problems with airspaces and updates with these drones. Sad they have to deal with that stuff.😢
  17. Last week
  18. Hello @Jure Novak and welcome to this forum. My first thought is that you might have some loose connections. Check all connectors are secure and also for any bad solder joints. Is this now a solid problem or does it work sometimes and not others ?
  19. Hello guys! I have a problem and I hope you could help me. Didn't know where to go to ask a question so I turned on you. I have Wizard220x bought it from a firend worked perfectly. It was very dirty so I took it all apart, cleand it and assemble it all together. First test right after was great esc beeped and motrs were spining. Took it to the field and there I incounterd the problem. When I pluged the battery esc did just the first set of beeps and then they started beeping like crazy. Motor were spining randomly and uncontrollably. Couldn't even bind to my controler. It was realy dangeruos and it happend a fiew times after that. Do you have any idea what could couse this problem. Thank you in advanced. P.S Sorry for my bad English.
  20. My friend, I absolutely see the problem and you have no idea the lobbying I, @Av8Chuck , and a few others have done directly with Brendan Schulman on this issue in another venue over 2 years. I'm simply trying to help you out. Regarding getting in touch with DJI, you can get a custom unlock for the period of your WAA. So, for example, if your COA is good until Sept. 2019, then DJI will give you an unlock for all of your registered craft for that same period. When you renew your COA, renew your DJI unlock and you're good for another year.
  21. Yes, I know that DJI geo has nothing to do with LAANC. That's exactly the problem. I've flown this area we're discussing countless times, zooming up the steep hill, flying back down, on different DJI birds without this ever popping up. A week ago was the first time for this zone. Both birds are current on updates, and yet the P4 still does NOT give me this hassle. As for unlocking ahead of time, that doesn't work here always. Often times this area is socked in with clouds and rain, so it's a case of 'if the clouds are out and you have time, run out there and fly the mission'. THIS is why DJI's micromanagement of airspace is a problem. It would be best if we could submit a 107 cert verification, and they just unlock the zone, leaving us to deal with airspace auth on our own. 107 pilots are not the problem in the illegal airspace operation world. Here's another case...about a week before the debacle mentioned above, I was in a Sfc E 100ft grid. Craft absolutely would NOT liftoff, designated NFZ by DJI only. I hold WAA for this area, and regardless of that, the airport defaults to G space from 6pm until sunrise. So, what if I'm just trying to fly during G class hours, and the aircraft cannot even start because of DJI's fencing? See the problem here?
  22. Before we understand why the video channel is changing I would first like to follow-up on that camera connection to the flight controller as it sounds like from the build video that it could have caused some damage. I managed to capture this from that build video and as you can see the marking's on the board are 5V, GND and V but the red wire is connected to the V pin and the yellow wire to the 5V and this should be reversed. Can you check if this is the case with your kit, if not its something we can eliminate.
  23. I’m jumping in late to this and don’t have much to add beyond what’s been discussed but I’ve seen this type of behavior so I thought I’d share some of my observations. We use two 6S batteries in parallel and I’ve seen this when we had a bad battery. When we checked the voltage it was fine, but the internal resistance was high and the amperage fell off quickly and it didn’t have the power to fly.  It also happened when we had a bad BEC and it didn’t provide enough power to the rail the FC was powered from and it browned out. This can also happen if your powering the FC from the speed controller. You might want to check you power distribution board.
  24. I tried disconnecting the camera and it did the same thing. Here’s a quick video on what the channel indicater is doing. (It keeps doing that so just play it on repeat and you’ll get the same effect) F1F35528-246B-4E17-94CF-09D6DD102E23.MOV
  25. Hi! I'm looking to buy a drone with a good camera (or ability to carry my Firefly 2 2.5K camera) and GPS. My previous and first drone was Visuo XS809HW with which I learned the basics, but I would now like to upgrade to something 'more serious'. Here's what I found in my price range: Eachine E551S (5G 1080p version) Visuo XS812 (1080p version) SG900-S (1080p version) SJRC H1-G (5G 1080p version) SJRC Z5 (5G 1080p version) MJX X103W 2K What do you recommend? Thanks, regards.
  26. In that case it must be something in the build that's not right. I am sure you have checked the wiring but I found this video on the build and he mentions that his kit had some wiring crossed between the flight controller and the camera so maybe simply disconnect camera as you don't need it to test the motors.
  1. Load more activity

• Welcome to UCCF.

The UAV Coach Community Forum is actively moderated by the UAV Coach team and offered to help serve those in the UAV industry. Use this space to meet and greet, to ask and answer questions, to share what you're working on, etc. Have fun, play nice, and fly safe! :)

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online