Instructions about how to become a Moderator coming soon!
Thank you for helping us to moderate the UAV Coach community forum. We’re growing rapidly and appreciate your help in keeping the conversation moving along. As a moderator, we hope you’ll be able to log on a minimum of 3 days per week and not take more than 24 hours to respond to a comment or issue.
Moderating a community is a fine balance of knowing when to step in and resolve a dispute versus hanging back and letting the members take care of it on their own. Here are a few tips to guide you when moderating your area of the forum:
- First and foremost, remain neutral.
- Make sure discussions stay on track.
- Step in and defend participants from personal attacks or any other transgressions that occur. The moderator should also reach out to the offender, via private message, and warn them of their behavior as well as reach out to the participant, apologize, and ensure that their input is valued and the offender has been warned.
- Steer the conversation back in a productive direction/suggest how to proceed if needed.
- Immediately ban anyone that trolls, doxes, or uses foul language.
- Warn anyone posting spam, unnecessary advertisements, or off-topic comments. Ban them if they repeat these offenses.
- Nurture the 1% or superusers. These are the people that keep the community thriving. Time should be spent engaging occasional users in hopes of getting them to the top level as well.
Basically, you don’t want to be a constant, nagging voice people need to contend with but you do want to maintain an active presence so that users feel their interests are addressed. Most of the time, users will create their own discussions and solutions. You’re there to oversee them and make sure everything runs smoothly. We can’t do it without you so, once again, thank you!