• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About joneden

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Members of the public may present a written statement to the committee at any time. Please email the UAS Integration Office.
  2. Regarding missing your recert date: there is no grace period after you pass the recert test, you will have a new recert date based on your most recent pass ie ...To continue exercising the privileges of a remote pilot certificate, the certificate holder must pass a recurrent aeronautical knowledge test within 24 calendar-months of passing either an initial or recurrent aeronautical knowledge test...
  3. I am obviously just a Newbie so I missed MedicFL1's incorrect point that "airspace permission" is the same for 336 and 107. And further more, MedicFL1 seems to think you just "inform" the airport manager and that is the end of the story. While it is true under 336 that he doesn't have to have a formal Airspace Authorization, he certainly needs a "buy in" from the airport manager. If he doesn't think so, he might want to check out the FAA's below rule interpretation: IF THE AIRPORT MANAGER OR AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER DENIES APPROVAL FOR MY DRONE OPERATION, CAN I STILL FLY? (from AOPA)
  4. MedicFL1.....Regarding your 2nd statement: under 336 if there is an airport in the UC airspace, while you don't need an Airspace Authorization or Airspace Waiver, you certainly do need the "buy in" of the airport manager. If you don't think so, consider the following rule interpretation from the FAA. See last paragraph. 336: (5) when flown within 5 miles of an airport, the operator of the aircraft provides the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation (model aircraft operato
  5. I agree except, and this is from the site where you do the computer registration: You must use the paper (N-number) registration process if Your unmanned aircraft is 55 pounds or greater You want to qualify a small unmanned aircraft for operation outside the United States You hold title to an aircraft in trust The small unmanned aircraft owner uses a voting trust to meet U.S. Citizenship requirements
  6. Hi R Martin "that does not make you legal. Without the paperwork from the FAA, you don't have a leg to stand on if something goes wrong. You need the COA paperwork on your person when you are operating. That can only be obtained through the online portal. As far as Class G goes, as long as you adhere to the regs you are cleared to fly without any approval process." In case people are willing to chew a little more on this, the below is straight off the 336 Exemption on the FAA site: (5) when flown within 5 miles of an airport, the operator of the aircraft provides the airport operator a
  7. Assuming we are talking about a non-tower airport in Class G Airspace, I think I would get in front of the manager with my very reasonable and safe request and ask her for a blanket authorization.
  8. Steve, I think what is going to get me filing the UOA is my morbid imagination: I am sitting as a defendant at a conference table during discovery for a lawsuit involving a medevac helicopter which was brought down by my perfectly legal drone--apart from my not avoiding the collision. And the plaintiff attorney asks me if I had done everything in my power to prevent this tragic accident, and I have to answer "NO" because I didn't take the 1 minute to generate the UOA.
  9. Regarding the N#: When you register your drone to fly under Part 107, you have 2 options: the usual computer route that almost everyone uses--this is under Part 48, or as manned aircraft do, you can do a paper registration under Part 47 for an N# which has to be posted on the outside of your drone. There are 2 reasons why you might go this route: if you are flying under Exemption 333, this is the required method of registration. If you want to fly internationally, your Part 48 registration does not work--you need a N#. I hope I've got this right.