Adfluence.tv

Course lock shuts off when my Phantom 4 enters Atti mode.

Question: Course lock shuts off when my Phantom 4 enters A mode.  Unable to launch intelligent mode in Ati.

For example: Dense skyscraper area / or inside when GPS goes down or Isn't available and it enters Ati mode the intelligent mode - Course lock shuts off. This results in near crashing.

I need to fly inside with course lock. Across balconies and 360' spin.  This is easy with course lock outside.  Why does it shut off in ATI?

On 8/23/2016 at 0:11 PM, Adfluence.tv said:

Question: Course lock shuts off when my Phantom 4 enters A mode.  Unable to launch intelligent mode in Ati.

For example: Dense skyscraper area / or inside when GPS goes down or Isn't available and it enters Ati mode the intelligent mode - Course lock shuts off. This results in near crashing.

I need to fly inside with course lock. Across balconies and 360' spin.  This is easy with course lock outside.  Why does it shut off in ATI?

I might be a little late to answer you on this, but I believe you need to be in F mode. At least, that's the way the Phantom 3 is for course lock.

Both answers above are correct. I have a P3A and have used course lock quite a bit. It does use GPS and you do have to be in the "F" function mode. When in "Atti" mode, you are in full control of the phantom and where it goes. It should be telling you "Safe to Fly Without GPS". Remember when in this mode, if you just let up on the sticks and it is a windy day, the wind will carry the phantom with it, it will not stabilize position, only altitude. Forgive me, if you already understand these functions, as I am not trying to insult anyone's intelligence here.....merely sharing the information. Good luck.

• Like 1

I would expect that behavior when losing GPS signal in F mode with course lock enabled. I am trying to think of a way that the Inspire would be able to hold flying on a line in course lock without GPS but I can't think of anything that would work with what tech the Inspire has onboard. I don't think the compass would be capable of doing that kind of flying...