RicardoGray

Hello from Iowa

I just joined the forum. I have been flying for about a year now with my Phantom 3 Advanced. I live real close to the Mississippi river so I get a lot of opportunities to video towboats, people on the river, and some really cool rural areas that make for some amazing scenery. I never imagined how much fun this was going to be. Not looking to start a business or anything at this point, but I can see a lot of opportunity out there. Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

• Like 1

Hi Ricardo, welcome! same here Flying P3 Pro, not looking for business, just enjoy flying drone and taking video and picture, Im from Alberta Canada, how's the drone regulation in IOWA? so bad that even here in Canada flying drone in National park is prohibited where you can get cool footage and pictures.

Hello. So it seems the drone laws are kind of changing here too. I am not an expert by any stretch, but I have tried to educate myself and follow the laws. Right now, at least where I live, things are ok. I have never had any issue, but again I don't try to push the envelope. I don't go buzzing around people or anything like that. I think for the most part if you use some common sense, you are not going to get any hassles. If I understand the FAA correctly, here in the US we cannot take off or land within a national park, but we can take off out of the park and fly over it, but must land outside of the park. Sounds kind of crazy to me, but I have no national parks around my area to worry about. I live on the Mississippi river like I mentioned, and I have had a lot of fun with that. Yeah I can only imagine what kind of photos one could get in a national park. Anyway, nice to chat with you and enjoy your phantom, I sure am mine!