Marcel Graham

Part 107 test tomorrow

For everyone taking the test tomorrow. I wanted to wish you luck. I will be taking mine this week but will not be able to go tomorrow. 

Post one simple answer to this question after... "Did you pass?" 

I  have taken the FAA sample test and I know the Drone Ground School course is very thorough, I just want to see how my fellow pilots did. 

Good Luck

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm taking it tomorrow. A little nervous. Wishing everyone - and myself - good luck. I didn't do the uav ground school. Didn't have the cash on hand. Wish I could have, if I fail I may try and come up with the cash. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I too am taking the test tomorrow. I have had no prior background knowledge of this industry prior to the training, but just like yourself Marcel, I have been through every lecture a countless number of times. Hopefully, it was enough information. If not, Brett and I will be dishing the cash for ground school.

I am scheduled for 9am tomorrow, we shall see how this goes! 

Best of luck to all from Connecticut,

-Wash

• Like 1

Thanks! I just got back and passed! The test is similar, referencing a different chart here and there and asking a different style of question at times. However, as long as you went through all the lectures and have an understanding. All will be well! Best of luck! 

• Like 4

Passed! I didn't do ground school and found the test hard but doable. Would have liked a higher score - and I am sure I would have had one if I had done ground school, but a pass is a pass, right?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Brettf said:

Passed! I didn't do ground school and found the test hard but doable. Would have liked a higher score - and I am sure I would have had one if I had done ground school, but a pass is a pass, right?

Congrats brett! A pass is a pass! As I didn't do ground school either I may take future courses to better my understanding as well as take flight lessons. Yes I could do this myself, but the pressure of an instructor will be beneficial in the long run. Plus the more certificates the better! 

Congrats again!

1 hour ago, Juggernaught said:

Nice job, I am trying to get signed up for it, but both locations within 200 miles are not prepared.

Oh wow. Did they give a date as to when they will be ready? Or you could make a fun road trip out of it ! ?

1 hour ago, Washington said:

Oh wow. Did they give a date as to when they will be ready? Or you could make a fun road trip out of it ! ?

Just got off of the phone and they were unsure of when the testing sites would be ready.  The next closest one is over 4 hrs away... :(  I will have to speak to the wife to see if she wants to have a weekend away some time....hate that I have to put it off even longer because who knows how long the IACRA process will take

• Like 1

On 8/28/2016 at 9:19 AM, Marcel Graham said:

For everyone taking the test tomorrow. I wanted to wish you luck. I will be taking mine this week but will not be able to go tomorrow. 

Post one simple answer to this question after... "Did you pass?" 

I  have taken the FAA sample test and I know the Drone Ground School course is very thorough, I just want to see how my fellow pilots did. 

Good Luck

Completed my FAA part 107 exam today. Scored a 73% with little studying (to be truthful, I do hold a commercial pilot certificate). Took me 45 minutes.

Lots of questions on airspace, weather reports (learn to read the TAR on page 15 of the testing supplement, up/down, front and backwards)
Learn to identify your BCDE airspaces from aeronautical charts (bottom and ceiling)
Aeronautical decision making; lots of questions on this.

A few questions about hyperventilating and stress

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Uaviator53 said:

Completed my FAA part 107 exam today. Scored a 73% with little studying (to be truthful, I do hold a commercial pilot certificate). Took me 45 minutes.

Lots of questions on airspace, weather reports (learn to read the TAR on page 15 of the testing supplement, up/down, front and backwards)
Learn to identify your BCDE airspaces from aeronautical charts (bottom and ceiling)

Congrats. Looking forward to mine in a few days. Thank you for the info. I will make sure to bone up on the TAR as i kinda hobble through that.

I am assuming that the test questions rotate and are different for everyone.

Marcel

23 minutes ago, Uaviator53 said:

I second everything you just stated. Know what times to fly, at what altitudes, understand how to read a sectional chart and have a good understanding of TAF reports. 

I myself scored an 87%. I studied all throughout August about 2/3 hours a day with no prior knowledge. Those taking it, be sure you have a good understanding of all the questions 

41 minutes ago, Juggernaught said:

Just got off of the phone and they were unsure of when the testing sites would be ready.  The next closest one is over 4 hrs away... :(  I will have to speak to the wife to see if she wants to have a weekend away some time....hate that I have to put it off even longer because who knows how long the IACRA process will take

A weekend trip will be worth it to get in ahead of others that will be taking it. Yes I am now in the waiting game, I will try to stay in touch when more information comes my way. 

I'm going in tomorrow to take the test. I've been studying at least 2 hours most days since the 3rd. Thanks for the heads up on what areas the test focuses on more! Wish me luck!

10 minutes ago, Isaac said:

I'm going in tomorrow to take the test. I've been studying at least 2 hours most days since the 3rd. Thanks for the heads up on what areas the test focuses on more! Wish me luck!

Thats exactly what I've been doing.  You'll do great Isaac. Best of luck!

-Wash

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight guys!

I'm taking mine tomorrow afternoon. Getting my final night of studying in tonight. 

Congrats to those that have passed! Looking forward to having that same feeling.

-Blake

• Like 1

On 8/29/2016 at 9:02 AM, Brettf said:

Well, looking at my FAA commercial pilot certificate(1976), there's no place for scores; passing by 70 is the same as passing with a 100! Can't remember any of my scores...

faa cert.JPG

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Brettf said:

@Uaviator53 thanks for that. 

You are welcome, back in 1976 they just gave you a piece of paper (bottom image). Recently I learned I could get a new license, looks like a credit card. My original has survived 40 years!:D