Hi, just to thanks the ADMIN for adding me, Im an Rc pilot for 20 years  and in FPV for 5 years and have the administration  of the FPV group on Facebook, our group is dedicated to promoting the First person view in Peru , all are invited to discuss their experiences and, knowledge. here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fpvperu/ , also you can follow us on  Periscope:https://www.periscope.tv/FpvPeru/1ynJObnLPvnGR and Twitter: https://twitter.com/FpvPeru.

This 2016 im starting a small company (part time job) dedicated to aereal mapping and video surveillance using civilian drones or copters for SAR operations to help the authorities in my country and video mapping for commercial purposes.

What I do for living? Im a coastguard officer (Captain).

Chears

Werner M

logo78-1.jpg

Werner, welcome! I am often in Peru. Coming next time in later February. I really want to take my DJI along. Can you give me guidelines as to what to expect with customs? Also, I would love to meet up with you. I'll be at my home in Punta Hermosa most of the time. I hope we can connect!

Regards,

Jim Broersma

Hello Jim, just you need to declare the drone to customs, don't forget to bring the invoice or ticket where you buy it, also take in count that we have a new regulation for flying drones, if you will make some comercial staff its needed a registration and a drone pilot registration, if only for hobby, recreational only a registration, its free, the no fly zones are 5 miles from any airport, its prohibit to fly over people, events like football match, etc, punta hermosa its a beautiful beach , dont fly over the houses and in crowded zones, if you want there is in santa maria a field camp, its near punta hermosa, the pilots there are very nice and you will welcome, I fly in CAMU camp, 25 km from there and 30 km form lima city every Saturday, also there are nice people, mostly, rc guys, and some fpv pilots, because we have 5 km of beach without any person, good to practice and FPV flying.  

Attached is the new regulation, its in spanish but I can explain it, if you have any question, please dont hesitate to ask me.

NTC.pdf

Apendice A - EN BLANCO.pdf

• Like 1

Warner, I have all the documentation you suggested and am arriving tomorrow night if all goes well. Send me an email, maybe we can meet:jimb55@me.com. Would love to go to where you guys fly.

Regards,

Jim Broersma

Airborne UAV Solutions

• Like 1

Hello Werner, I'm David. My friend and I will visit Peru in October for 2wks. I fly phantoms (only amateur) and he does racing drones.

There are a lot of mixed messages regarding Drones in Peru on the internet.

Some horror stories of confiscation at airports, some slightly better ones where you have to go to MTC to apply for a permit.

Would like your advice on how shall we proceed? we're re-printing our invoices now.

We've attached a picture of another Swiss guy who mentioned he had to fill out this form..which I have no idea how.

David

image1.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/26/2016 at 4:56 AM, Jim Broersma said:

Werner, welcome! I am often in Peru. Coming next time in later February. I really want to take my DJI along. Can you give me guidelines as to what to expect with customs? Also, I would love to meet up with you. I'll be at my home in Punta Hermosa most of the time. I hope we can connect!

Regards,

Jim Broersma

Jim how was the Experience. im coming to peru in April 2017 wanna bring my phantom 4 for recreational purposes.

i dont have a receipt of purchase as i bought it used here in the usa. i wanna meet some fellow fpv Racers also. im big into Racing also. ill be staying near Miraflores for two weeks. any help will be great. is it easeir to bring racing quads?

Werner, No problems coming in or out. They didn't even see it. I had all the docs. Leaving, through all scanners, no questions asked. I have heard of others with problems though. I flew a lot around Punta Hermosa. Got great photos and video of La Isla, surfing, POI, etc. Did not take it this time (here again) in case of trouble. Need back home for work coming up.

Let me know how it all goes.

16 minutes ago, Jim Broersma said:

Werner, No problems coming in or out. They didn't even see it. I had all the docs. Leaving, through all scanners, no questions asked. I have heard of others with problems though. I flew a lot around Punta Hermosa. Got great photos and video of La Isla, surfing, POI, etc. Did not take it this time (here again) in case of trouble. Need back home for work coming up.

Let me know how it all goes.

wow went through scanner and nothing? well ok then thanks i feel much better. i went last year with a bigger drone and had no problems in or out.. just been hearing these horrible stories lately..

ok ill give it a go thanks for your reply.

here is what an official has stated to me in an email. i see no problems taking a drone into lima. i will be printing this out and taking it with me just in case though..

Dear Keith whitehead

You don´t need a permission for bring one (01) drone in to peru, you don´t need anything only bring your drone and enjoy it

Best regards

Omar suasnabar

Omar Alfonso SUASNABAR ESPINOSA

COORDINADOR DE PERMISOS DE INTERNAMIENTO

Dirección General de concesiones en Comunicaciones

MINISTERIO DE TRANSPORTES Y COMUNICACIONES

Jr. Zorritos N° 1203 - Lima 01 Telf. 6157800 Anex. 1702

De: RC Pilot [mailto:keithw124@gmail.com] 
Enviado el: jueves, 06 de abril de 2017 12:39 p.m.
Para: Suasnabar Espinosa, Omar Alfonso <Osuasnabar@mtc.gob.pe>
Asunto: VISITING LIMA PERU VACATION WITH A DRONE

cleardot.gif