olesailor

New Drone Simulator

Thanks to Alan UAV Coach emails,  found another drone simulator to use. It is called Zephyr and it is more setup for flight schools and official training.

https://www.zephyr-sim.com/about

However they came out with a professional version for a single user. The best part is that I can use my controller from RealFlight 7.5. 

From the descriptions and information this sim is more geared for the commercial drone flyer vice hobbyist.  

I just purchased it and will try it out this week. Let you know how it compares to RealFlight.

• Like 2

That's a great find as its supported on the Apple Mac which I have found is not always the case with flight simulators. Unfortunately I don't see the FySky Taranis as a supported controller but it looks like they are open to implementing other controllers on request.

Edited by Spitfire76

If they don't get to it right away I have a spare controller InterLink Elite by Futaba from RealFlight.

When I bought RealFlight Drone it also came with a controller. So I have one collecting dust.

It was late last night before I had a chance to run the sim. I did run some quick flights with it. My controller works great with it.  The physics are very good, and locations works well.

If i subscribe monthly i will receive more capabilities. Will check that out later.

On the spare controller I have just take care of shipping.

Great. Had my fun yesterday and today with a Solo I just got. It went south spent two days with 3DR. Started with their website stating compatible with GoPro Hero 3+, and GoPro Hero 4. Silver and Black But what the should had was compatible only with a GoPro Hero 3+  Black, and above.

A Hero 3+ Silver didn't work and from working with them patching, un-patching and resets. Later found on lots of forums that everyone had the issue with 3+ Silver. I gave up broke down and bought the Hero 4 Black. Thinking that will work.

Still didn't work. So they are swapping out with a new one. Keeping the 4 so I don't run into any issues.

The offer for the controller still stands. It isn't going any where.

Its good you have a 3DR Solo as I would like to know how they perform remote control of the camera settings. Does 3DR have a modified version of the GoPro firmware for remote control and if so could that be used by us DIYers ?.

If they do I think its in the 3DR app. the connection of the Gimbal has two cables one for the HDMI and the other is the back to the hero port. Let you know more after I get this one running.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone!

I am Cory Acey from Little Arms Studios, the software development company that created Zephyr. First off, I would like to thank @olesailor for creating this thread about our simulator. To address your inquiry @Spitfire76 we have added several new transmitters that are now supported in addition to the ones listed on our website:

FlySky FS-i6

Taranis FrSky X9D Plus

Spektrum: Dx9, Dx6i, Dxe

Futaba: T6EX, T14SG, T8FG 

Iris+ FlySky FS-TH9x (Transmitter that comes with the 3DR Iris)

Use of transmitters that are not dedicated USB simulator controllers will required the use of this device to plug into the transmitters trainer port: http://shop.targarian.com/products/1201

We have found that most transmitters with a trainer port will work with the simulator. The transmitters listed above are fully supported because we have personally tested them to verify their functionality. 

You can reach me at cacey@littlearms.com with any feedback, questions, or inquiries. 

Respectfully,

Cory R Acey
Business Development Manager
LITTLE ARMS STUDIOS
O: (703) 993-7251 | C: (703) 338-3125
http://littlearms.com | https://zephyr-sim.com
"Little Arms, Big Ideas"