jblaeser15

Phantom 4 or Typhoon-H?

I am currently in the market for a new drone, I currently have a Chroma but am looking to get another as well. I think I am down to either a Phantom 4 or Typhoon-H. Since both are around same price, what would you recommend? Or is there another one out there that I do not know about, or have not done enough research on?

Thanks!

Hi @jblaeser15, both have their pros and cons. I like the DJI app / accessory ecosystem, but I like the redundancy of the Typhoon H's six sets of electronics, and the built-in transmitter screen (no phone or iPad needed.

What do you like or dislike about the P4 vs. the Typhoon H?

Hi,

You might consider the intended use also. Recreational or Commercial?

Do a check against each model for your intended use, and see if one stands out from the other.

• Like 1

Both outstanding thoughts. It boils down to what is important to you and how your going to use the UAV.

I found a good site with comparison between the P4 and H.

http://www.tomstechtime.com/blog/djivsyuneec/

I do not have the H but do own a Q500+, DJI P3P, and 3DR.

If you do not plan on doing any mapping, 3D modeling, or agriculture the H is a great model for photography and video.

That would because of the con.of no SDK for 3D mapping or third party apps.

The pro for an H is the six motors and 360 deg gimbal with capability of adding dual remote controller for the camera "similar to the Inspire".

While the P4 can be used for mapping, 3D modeling, and agriculture, and is solid work horse.

Both are great choices. Happy Flying

• Like 1