Kirk

Has anyone received their permanent license?

5 minutes ago, Earthman said:

I don't think you need to wait for your actual cert number to apply for a waiver.  Where you would enter your cert number I think you can enter "Pending."

Yes, this is correct. Passed exam on 8/29, filed through IACRA on 8/31, still haven't received permanent certificate. I assume it'll make it's way via snail mail soon enough :)

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I support the regs also but its frustrating that they require the waivers but don't give us the approvals in a timely manner.  For those of us that are trying to play by the rules makes it frustrating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BDR Jake said:

Don't get me wrong, I support the regs also but its frustrating that they require the waivers but don't give us the approvals in a timely manner.  For those of us that are trying to play by the rules makes it frustrating.

I feel your pain, but I'm not trying to make a living at this, yet.  Stay calm and keep flying!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alan Perlman said:

Yes, this is correct. Passed exam on 8/29, filed through IACRA on 8/31, still haven't received permanent certificate. I assume it'll make it's way via snail mail soon enough :)

Just recieved this a couple days ago.

"Thank you for your inquiry. It will take 5-6 weeks for the permanent certificate to arrive. All airmen (not just remote pilot) certificates are processed in the order that they are received. 

Regards, 

FAA UAS Integration Office

UAShelp@faa.gov 

http://www.faa.gov/uas "

Seems like they are already behind with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Earthman said:

I feel your pain, but I'm not trying to make a living at this, yet.  Stay calm and keep flying!

I have created a company to make this a profitable endeavor so I'd like it if they would figure it out...but until then I just enjoy flying. 

3 minutes ago, Spitfire76 said:

I checked my status today on the IACRA website and now see my remote certificate under Airman Information so I guess it should be in the mail.

When did you take the test?  on the 29th?

Just now, Spitfire76 said:

On the 30th.

Okay, well, I was on the 2nd so hopefully I'll have mine soon as well.  Can you let us know when you get it in the mail?

10 minutes ago, Spitfire76 said:
3 minutes ago, Alan Perlman said:

Ooh, good eyes. I just double-checked and saw the same thing in my IACRA portal:

58014947ac5b4_iacrascreenshot.thumb.png.

And appearanty it never expires!

This is starting to get exciting! I went to my IACRA page and have the same Remote Pilot next to my other licenses. I took my test on 9-1-16.

IMG_4178.PNG

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kirk said:

This is starting to get exciting! I went to my IACRA page and have the same Remote Pilot next to my other licenses. I took my test on 9-1-16.

IMG_4178.PNG

Still nothing for me.  I took the test on the 2nd

Also received mine today in the mail after having taken the exam on August 30th and submitting my application on September 1st which is the date of issue.

Received my perminate license yesterday. I took the test on 9-1 that's 7 weeks and 1 day to get my license. 

And 6-8 weeks is exactly what FAA had advised it would take to get the permanent license.  Everyone who prepared for this was told exactly that, and the temporary afforded all of us full privileges for 120 days so there was no restrictions on those that passed their exams.

Got my number on IIcra but nothing in the mail yet. Just waiting. Why do I want that little card that literally changes nothing, since I have the temp and my certificate number, so badly?

Amazing how much I want that thing. I Guess because it was so hard to get. LOL