Hello from the sunny Okanagan Valley

I'm still on "THE learning curve", that is fiddling around with the inexpensive micro size with cameras. The goal — combining two hobbies; trains and UAVs. Starting out with the small size, so far three types each less than Can$100 and each from a different manufacturer. The learning curve continues since what one reads and sees in videos isn't necessarily what one experiences when flying.

Cheers

HJ

Edited by RhB_HJ

Thank you!

It's the Thankgiving long weekend in the Great White North, raining big time, snowing up on our skiing mountain and .... well, drone flying is more or less restricted to the TV room.

But there's always next week. ;):D

Edited by RhB_HJ
  • Like 2

Hi Jay,

Funny you mention that, ;) I was flying my new SYMA X5HC yesterday, relatively calm but the SYMA wouldn't hover as I would like it — glitches and snags galore with this one. Yes, I get the benefit of Chinglish correspondence from SYMA. ¬¬  Anyway the little Holy Stone F180C (150mm Class) hovered a lot better than the 300mm SYMA.

Which meant I had some fun flying to make up for the SYMA frustration! The problem with the 150 Class is the camera angle is not easy to modify and slow flying at steady, low altitude is the other challenge.

My handle on YouTube and Vimeo is TheOldRailfan; apart from chasing the 1:1 stuff I also want to do a walk-through/follow the train on our garden railway (1:22.5) and to get the right camera angle the cam needs to be mounted as a separate unit i.e. I can fiddle with what the cheap SYMA offers, before going to a real video cam.

• Like 1

I have been looking at smaller drones to practice with. I will check out the Holy Stone. Thanks!

If you have any questions on the real estate market please don't hesitate to ask. I work closely with photographers in that field.

• Like 1