I had sent in my drone to DJI to repair a motor.  At the time my unit was covered under the warranty.   I had some issues with the timeliness of the repair, but I wasn't too concerned as I borrowed my dad's UAS in the meantime (and he has no desire to have it back). So once I had received my original UAS back, it remained in the box for a while.  Well I recently took it out and noticed some differences.  I assumed it was due to the repairs that were completed and didn't think anything much.  But today I was updating my flight log and decided to check the S/N and to my surprise I didn't receive my UAS back.  I have sent DJI and email and am awaiting their response.  I keep records of my flights and maintenance, and now I have a unit that may have had a previous life. I guess I am looking for any advice or ideas on how to handle this issue. Or would like to know if others have had similar issues.

Thanks!

Susan, 

Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't needed repairs yet so have not encountered. I'm going to guess that DJI does not have a standard practice in how to address our record keeping concerns yet and you will need to keep bugging them until you get an answer. Keep this on their radar. They will address it when they realized the liability issues around this. Thank you for practicing good record keeping since it's important for the sUAS community to practice a culture of safety. 

Keep us posted. I'm very interested to see how DJI resolve this.

Best,

Kam

• Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 2:48 PM, Beacon Sky Survey said:

Susan, 

Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't needed repairs yet so have not encountered. I'm going to guess that DJI does not have a standard practice in how to address our record keeping concerns yet and you will need to keep bugging them until you get an answer. Keep this on their radar. They will address it when they realized the liability issues around this. Thank you for practicing good record keeping since it's important for the sUAS community to practice a culture of safety. 

Keep us posted. I'm very interested to see how DJI resolve this.

Best,

Kam

I have been using Dronenerds.com for my repairs. They are a certified DJI repair center and they communicate every step of the way. More important for me, they have an expedited service feature (extra cost of course) which got my bird back in about a week. Very impressed with their service. 

Found them while waiting for DJI service to respond to me.

Here is hoping you will not need it anytime soon.

• Like 1