Warm up issue

Tamilselvan

• 1 month later...

try calibrating your imu even if it says it is normal recalibrate it. Just make sure the quad is on a 100% level surface. I calibrate my imu on my pool table. I had the same problem which after the calibration of the imu has been no issue. every once in a while you need to calibrate these.

hope this helps you out a bit.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The long time is due to needing the IMU to warm up to the point it was when it was calibrated. You need to do what's called a "Cold Calibration." Basically, put the P3 (without a battery) in a fridge/freezer/outside on a cold night for an hour or so, so that the IMU temperature is very cold. Then take it out, and immediately put a battery in and do an IMU calibration on a level surface. Once that's done every time you start it it will only take as long as it takes for the IMU to reach that temperture (which is very fast).

If you notice anything odd in the IMU graphs/readings after the calibration (which happened to me the first time I tried it), you'll need to repeat the process (but maybe use a fridge instead of a freezer), since if you just recalibrate again you'll run into the same long startup time since the IMU will be toasty by this point.

I'm sorr

47 minutes ago, Yuris Mangolds said:

Basically, put the P3 (without a battery) in a fridge/freezer/outside on a cold night for an hour or so

I'm sorry, placing any electronics in a fridge or freezer is never a good idea due to the possibility of condensation building up on the electronics.