I've filmed outside of homes with a phantom 4 but the thought of using one inside and crashing scares me.  However, my real estate clients are pushing for it.  What are the pros using to film inside? DSLR with a GlideCam? Thanks!

• Like 1

I prefer the DJI OSMO study cam for my inside stuff. It works incredibly well. I have also heard of people using their P4 but not flying it. Just hold the gear and use it as a study cam while it's on.

I do a lot of shooting inside with drones but I have a huge theatre to do it in. I mainly use it for crane type shots that I wouldn't usually be able to get. However, you have to be an extremely confident pilot. In most cases you will not have GPS for positioning and will have to fly in ATTI mode. I do use blade guards but know if you hit a wall the one side of the craft tips just a little bit it, will flip and suction it's self to the wall and will do some damage.

you can get the same type of shots with an OSMO and a pole adapter. 

IMG_8374.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks Marcel, some good feedback there.  Think I will pick up an Osmo - just need to decide between the stock cam or the X5.  I'm guessing the stock cam you have to use ND filters to get it to shoot at 1/60 in manual mode.  I have those so no worries there.  Thanks!

On 10/24/2016 at 1:06 PM, Alan Perlman said:

@RTV, Inc. - Jay, do you have any insights here? Your community seems to have a lot of tech solutions for indoor shots...

Mostly DSLR with stabilizers. I have seen a few who are using smaller UAV's but there is obviously inherent risks. I don't know which models of UAV's offhand. I will see if I can dig up some intel. 

• Like 1