Justin C Neri

I Passed, FAA Part 107 Aeronautical Knowledge Test

I passed the test today.  I found that the test questions were very similar to the 5 practice tests. I did get tripped up a little on some of the Airspace questions involving the inspection of towers within those areas. I'm going to go back and study up on that stuff so I understand it better. There were some things that I knew, but they way they worded the question confused me. I got 7 wrong out of the 63 questions. The flight instructor told me after the test that there are 3 answers. The right answer, the wrong answer, and the FAA answer. If you come across those questions you will understand.

I would say that if you are getting 90's on the practice tests you are going to be golden.

This program was worth the money. I could have just read over the FAA guide and probably been ok, but I guarantee I would have struggled today. I felt very confident taking the test. The ones I was unsure of were the ones I got wrong.

The videos really helped. I will say this, for me I needed to go over things more than once. There is a lot of stuff to retain.

Edited by Justin C Neri

On 10/28/2016 at 0:44 PM, Justin C Neri said:

The flight instructor told me after the test that there are 3 answers. The right answer, the wrong answer, and the FAA answer. If you come across those questions you will understand.

Justin, this is brilliant. Have been trying to come up with a good way to explain some of the tricky wording with these questions :)

Well put, Justin.  I took my exam on opening day about the same time as Alan did and we both talked later that day about the same thing! Hey, it's their party but I was quite surprised actually.  I've taken quite a few government exams in my lifetime but they have always been precise and predictable so this was a first for me.  But your point was EXACTLY what I was thinking going in - if I'm getting 95's on the practice tests, I should get a pass!  Sure enough, I got a 92 or so on the test.

Your point about the course is on the money.  Aside from the obvious point that it gave us all the knowledge and information, I feel it also gave me the confidence to go in to a 2 hour exam, spend 20 minutes taking it, and feel confident walking out with a passing score.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2016 at 11:07 PM, Ed O'Grady said:

Your point about the course is on the money.  Aside from the obvious point that it gave us all the knowledge and information, I feel it also gave me the confidence to go in to a 2 hour exam, spend 20 minutes taking it, and feel confident walking out with a passing score.

Agreed, not to mention, it is three month after i passed the test, got my permeant in the mail already and @Alan Perlman keeps adding incredible information to the course that I need to go back and follow up on. Most companies would say " well, they are passing, let's move on to the next thing and make more money" not UAVcoach they say "It's not finished, there is new information"

Something to be said for being a continuous learner in a global community. Again, well done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marcel Graham said:

Most companies would say " well, they are passing, let's move on to the next thing and make more money" not UAVcoach they say "It's not finished, there is new information"

Thanks, Marcel! We're doing our best and always recognize that there's more to be done. Definitely check out those new interview lectures. I had a lot of fun doing them, and I think they'll be really helpful for folks looking to get their businesses off the ground. Hoping to do more like this down the road.