RG

4K Drone Internet Standards

Christian,

If producing an end product for the Internet is their a standard/recommendation on the camera video settings when filming, knowing that your end production will end up on Vimeo or YouTube or being pushed from a clients website?

I've heard people prefer shooting in UltraHD.

Edited by RG

It is always nice to go with higher quality but the tradeoffs are more media space used, more battery time used, and longer processing/uploading times for editing. So it really depends on what you are doing. I do actually shoot in 4K (UltraHD or DCI) by default and then usually transcode down to 1080p as needed. This sometimes produces higher quality 1080p footage anyway than native 1080p footage.

But, there are some projects I know will never be be shown or used in 4K so I just shoot 1080p from the beginning to save myself the trouble.

Also keep in mind that most people's internet connections and computers and displays can't do 4K yet, so people will just stream it from YouTube in 1080p anyway. For people that do have 4K capable hardware it is nice to see that option though in YouTube to stream it in 4K if the uploader did 4K.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I've been using this approach.

" I do actually shoot in 4K (UltraHD or DCI) by default and then usually transcode down to 1080p as needed. This sometimes produces higher quality 1080p footage anyway than native 1080p footage."

RG

• Like 2