What are the best drones for begginers?

I liked learning on the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Quadricopter. Crashed it into the wall multiple times and only had some minor scratches. 

I would not recommend small ones like Hubsan x4 because they are pretty twitchy and more frustrating than anything. Couldn't take any amount of wind so it limited my flying time.

• Like 1
On 11/17/2016 at 1:35 AM, R2 D2 said:

I am planning to get the SYMA x5hc.

Don't do it, step up 25.00 and get the Husban. I have the Syma X5C. It is so light and powerful that it is super easy to lose connection to when it climbs fast and high. I think I should add a couple fishing weights to it to keep it under control. The problem is backing off the throttle doesn't see it descend, it just keeps floating up there. The only way to get 'er down it so pull back all the way on the throttle and let 'er free fall, then power back on.

I've pulled this drone off my neighbors roofs, out of their back yards, out of a dozen or more trees...

I'm switching gears to something with altitude hold :)

• Like 1
On 11/19/2016 at 8:12 PM, AceLift said:

Don't do it, step up 25.00 and get the Husban. I have the Syma X5C. It is so light and powerful that it is super easy to lose connection to when it climbs fast and high. I think I should add a couple fishing weights to it to keep it under control. The problem is backing off the throttle doesn't see it descend, it just keeps floating up there. The only way to get 'er down it so pull back all the way on the throttle and let 'er free fall, then power back on.

I've pulled this drone off my neighbors roofs, out of their back yards, out of a dozen or more trees...

I'm switching gears to something with altitude hold :)

Yah it's fascinating that some of these cheaper models now have altitude hold. Wasn't available like 6-12 months ago but now many of the models under $200 have them. I'm teaching my dad how to fly, and the altitude hold has been really helpful for those first several flights.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

These micro drones are amazing , hubsan is a little beas . If anyone is looking for a beginner drone specifically to race i suggest checking out: http://jonsguide.org/best-top-mini-quadcopter-reviews/

I'm starting now my path with a small hubsan x4 h107c (hd camera 720p, not fpv). with it i bought a set of batteries (500 mAh instead of the original 380 mAh) and a crash pack (spare propellers, motors, leds, rubber landing feets, and a body)

after few weeks of use i could say that i made an excellent coiche in buying all that stuff. propellers brake or fly away every time and i could use ALL the eleven batteries i have in a pair of hours